• Countdown to Jan 21, 2007: Photography Class Day 2

    Photography Class Day 2

    Sunday, September 30, 2007
    We were asked to submit one photo for portraits and one photo for still life today in 3R prints. The day started with a photo critique session wherein all the submitted photos were posted on the board with proper code labels. Each of us were asked to pick a good and bad shot for each category. Entirely anonymous pick. Sabi ni Madam (our teacher for today), there were cases before na umiiyak yun student kasi super sinabon siya sa photo critique. Well, bato-bato nalang sa langit. Mababaw lang kaligayahan namin. Ok lang na hindi na mapili as "best" shot yun submissions namin, as long as wag lang malagyan ng big X mark! I submitted these photos:

    cris2
    Portrait - I still owe my boss a cup of Figaro for being my model. *LOL*

    keys
    Still Life - Keys


    There were shots na sinabon talaga ng husto. Luckily, I was spared with any X mark signs but got a couple of check marks instead (otherwise I won't be blogging 'em here. *LOL*). I got a couple of helpful tips from Madam and a few classmates. I hope to do better next time.

    I was suppose to submit these but weren't allowed to since they're in black and white. Colored daw kasi dapat... (!?!)
    cris
    Ang galing ng model ko noh? Super emote!

    coins
    These were hubby's collection. Sabi ni Glo puwedeng panghampas daw sa mga mukhang pera *ouch* haha...

    The afternoon session was lecture about composition. Before the lecture started, would you believe Madam made us learn her composition - the song "Hymn of Photography". GAAAASSH!! Kilabot talaga... medyo march kasi yun tune, na tipong magfa-flag ceremony kami. Ang masama niyan, I kept singing that song the whole day even after class!!! Eeeks!

    Just as last week, we weren't blessed with a rain-free weather. Actually there was even a typhoon today. At around 330pm, we were asked to shoot na sa Fort Santiago. Luckily, medyo drizzle nalang yun rain. Super challenging talaga kasi ang dami naming bitbit. Besides the camera bag, siyempre nakapayong pa. Anyways, it was a fun experience. Iba talaga if you're shooting in groups. You could exchange ideas from time to time tsaka hindi boring. Some behind-the-scene photos:



    bawal ang poise sa shoot... *LOL*

    Here are some shots from today's session to be submitted for another photo critique next week. Tell me which one is the best. I will submit the one with the highest votes. :)

    Playing Kid
    Playing Kid

    IMG_2913_edited
    There is life everywhere

    waiting bench
    Waiting Bench

    love starts here
    I noticed there were korean characters engraved on the bamboos, which I assume are name of lovers. Vandalism is an international habit. *LOL*

    crack
    Crack

    I fell in love with brick walls since it gives a bright contrast on the photos. Reminds me of our wedding pictorials taken by Dino at St. Peter. Galing!

    P.S. Thanks Litzie and Alpha for including my blog in their "I Love Your Blog" list. Mua mua! Will post my share later. :)

    P.P.S. There were a lot of people asking where my friend had those cellphone blings made. Sorry gals, secret daw. *LOL*

    Labels: ,

    posted by frecklesspeckles at 12:28 AM | Permalink |

    [ back home ]

    Comments for Photography Class Day 2
    I like the second photo (with the bricks) and the last one with the crack! I remember I took a shot before na crack din sa wall na may maliit na plant like on your second photo. And submitted that for the photo critique. They thought that the photo was staged. akala nila nilagay ko lang yung plant don. Haha!

    I took basic photography with FFPF din pero using SLR pa. Maybe I'll enroll again pag nakabili na ko ng DSLR.

    I remember that photography hymm! haha! Natatawa ko! And Ador Pamintuan naman is a family friend of ours. He and my dad used to be co-workers. Small world no?

    i like the there is life everywhere.. naku nakakatakot naman pala.. either baka maiyak ako pag nilait-lait nila yung pictures ko hehe.. or gulpihin ko lahat ng pumuna hehehe brutal..

    I love the "there's a life everywhere" pero parang medyo naging blurry yung little plant, do know baka mata ko lang. Next is the "child playing" i just love photographs of people... saka colorful yung bars...
    and shempre yung bamboo... pati characters nakita mo... very symbolic tapos napakafunny naman nung caption mo na vandalism is international! hehehe...

    you are very much improving... i love the portrait shots too wanda. keep posting!

    i love the there is life everywhere shot :) ...are edits/photoshop allowed? i'd suggest to remove the little leaf on the bottom left part, hehehe. medyo nakaka distract. (or is that part of the life is everywhere? hehehe)

    next is the korean bamboos. nice texture/patterns! :)

    wanda galing mo talga! idol :)

    Ohh wow!!!!galing mo talaga Wanda Super yung photos mo..anyway I love yung 2nd photo and the last one.but they all rocking talag!! "inggit ako"!


    Name:
    Location: Toronto, Canada

    While current technology doesn't provide a way to permanently zap my freckles, I will learn to love them for the meantime.

    Unbelievable as it may seem, we're finally tying the knot on Jan 21, 2007. This is an online journal that documents every tidbits of our wedding preparation as we savour every moment of it.

    W@Wies & N@Wies

    Credits

      Distributed by:
    Template copyright :
    V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
    Powered by :
    Powered by Blogger