• Countdown to Jan 21, 2007: on and off

    on and off

    Monday, August 06, 2007
    I thought bum days are over, but they're not!

    I reported for work this morning, happy and contented with my 2-month-long rest (2 weeks bed rest + 45 calendar days of maternity leave). First thing upon arrival, went to the HR and filed all the medical claims, SSS reimbursements, and leave forms. Because of my ignorance with these matters, I got SUPER confused with SSS benefits vs our company's medical benefits. I thought I should get more. Not contented with HR's explanation, I searched for friends in my YM list (both friends and colleagues) and made some clarifications. So it turned out, there weren't really any problems with the claims. but but but... We're entitled to 60 days maternity leave for normal delivery and miscarriage, not 45. Yan kasi sabi sa akin before. Buti nalang tinanong ko ulit, otherwise sayang yun 15 days. It's my fault actually coz I should have read the employee handbook carefully. And it was really so stupid of me for not clarifying earlier since it's an obvious conflict with what's posted on SSS website (which is so me... oo lang ng oo). Anyways, 60 days is what is indicated in the labor code. Hence, bum days extended. :)

    What I missed - photo club's Food Photography demo/practice session held last July!!!!! ARGH talaga!! I've been looking forward to this for a long time! Sayang talaga! They covered a lot of topics including how to use reflectors, framing, and the like (which I so wanna learn)! And of course, the chibugan after the shoot. Perfect timing sana coz our ninang who owns a restaurant was asking us to take photos of their dishes for menu folio. :(

    What to look foward to - (1) photo club's Travel Photography demo/shooting session. yey! (2) company's badminton tournament - well, I really don't intend to join since hello, hindi naman ako magaling. But my colleagues were convincing me to participate coz most of them will be playing too. And ehem, I need to lose weight na rin so GO na rin ako. Beginner/Novice level lang naman kaya kahit pa-cute lang sa court ok na. *LOL* Hubby will be in charge of training me (if time permits). Sana di ko sya mapahiya. *LOL*

    What I will be missing - visiting blog sites and photo sites at work. HAAAY! They're all blocked! Though I could still read posts from bloglines, but I won't be able to view the images. Never mind nalang, what's the fun of reading without the photos? And no downloading na rin since file sharing sites are also blocked. Though I can still get through if the freebies are hosted on individual servers. Oh well, I guess it's a sign that I should focus on my work and stop wasting time on non-work related stuff. Just as I wished. Well, I think it will only be difficult at first but later on things'll go back to normal. That's what I call cyber-withdrawal-symptoms. *LOL* I've been detaching from these addictions gradually over the past few months and I think I'll get over it soon enough. Don't get me wrong, I still love blogging, love taking photos, love digiscrapping. But I guess it's setting my objectives straight so that I focus on the goals I want to achieve rather than the things on the side. One word: output. Oh anyways, I was talking about blocked sites right? *LOL*

    You might be wondering if being idle (from work) bores me? Surprisingly, no. I never run out of things to do. And believe me, my things-to-do list is still very long so 60 days is really far from enough! *LOL*

    (ETA: Aggie! this, this, this, this, this, this are tickling my senses... baket ba ang cu-cute neto? mah god! na-addict na naman ako.... *LOL*)

    Labels:

    posted by frecklesspeckles at 11:23 PM | Permalink |

    [ back home ]

    Comments for on and off
    Wanda, tama naman ang motivations mo, there are much more things to do than scrap :D Im learning to balance it all - I only scrap once a week, and if I do scrap everyday, 2 hrs lang talaga :D It is better for my mojo. Isa pa, di na ako nagshoshop :D Sayang ang pera :D

    Mag eenroll ako sa Maya pag nagresign ako by October :D Gusto ko matuto maging housewife for once, LOL.

    hello wanda! :) glad to know you're enjoying your "bum" days! buti ka pa, naline up mo ng mabuti yung things to do mo! hehe, i remember nung bum days ko, i normally woke up at 1unch time, have lunch at 3pm and then cram the household chores kasi pauwi na si W. hahaha


    Name:
    Location: Toronto, Canada

    While current technology doesn't provide a way to permanently zap my freckles, I will learn to love them for the meantime.

    Unbelievable as it may seem, we're finally tying the knot on Jan 21, 2007. This is an online journal that documents every tidbits of our wedding preparation as we savour every moment of it.

    W@Wies & N@Wies

    Credits

      Distributed by:
    Template copyright :
    V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
    Powered by :
    Powered by Blogger