• Countdown to Jan 21, 2007: a surprise gift

    a surprise gift

    Tuesday, June 05, 2007


    The test was taken last May 8. It took a while for me to post the news here coz I really wanna finish all the wedding related kuwentos before I go ahead with the baby announcement. But heck, I just can't wait! :)

    So, how did we know about it? We were scheduled for a Tagaytay outing second week of May so I was really expecting for my period to come a week prior to our trip. My cycle is quite normal so I could almost guess when this month's period will come. Days passed and still my period didn't come. I started to suspect... but quickly denied the idea coz I felt unprepared. A week after, Dex got sick due to high fever. We went to the doctor and was given a couple of medications. While we were buying medicine at the drug store, I asked Dex maybe it's time to buy an HCG kit. The next morning, I woke up early and did the test. I was nervous and couldn't bare to look at the results. But alas, the 2nd line was as clear as a pen mark. We went to the OB a few hours later and I showed her the HCG result I got earlier in the morning. Here's what she said "buntis na buntis ka na nga, sure na yan!" without taking a second test, whatsoever. Reason being, the lines were so clear!

    How do I feel? Sleepy, sleepy, and sleepy. I had cravings for sour food the week I was expecting my period. But it only lasted a week. I feel bloated most of the time but not to the point of throwing up. I just burp and fart any time and anywhere! *LOL* Friends say I'm blessed coz peanut doesn't give me a hard time. I hope so, but still I feel tired everyday.

    Am I ready? Well, to be honest, I wasn't exceptionally excited the moment I knew I was pregnant. I know it's so bad of me, but I really feel it's not yet the right time. There are things I wanted to do and plans we have made for the upcoming months. Our application for migration visa to Canada's gonna be out soon, so all the happenings made me really confused. What are we to do next? Am I gonna deliver the baby here or there? What to do? What to do? I was even depressed for some time. They say it's pregnancy depression (much like post-partum). Dex, on the other hand, feels so happy about the coming of peanut. He's been talking me into having a baby since we got married. I feel better right now. I guess I was just shocked with the news. Friends were telling me we're very fortunate to receive a gift from God. Yes, indeed. I feel very thankful for this wonderful surprise. :)

    I'm on my 9th week now and the expected due date will be on January 9, 2008. But I could probably deliver 2 weeks before or after the expected date. Sana aabot pa sa January 21! *LOL* Wag lang sana Christmas or New Year! Please please!

    I'm starting to read up on pregnancy stuff (thus lesser blog time) and this is what I'm reading now. Not the exact edition coz I only borrowed a copy from my sister-in-law which was purchased a couple of years back.


    Bought the stick version of this for my tummy... hehe as early as now! call me vain... I've never wore a bikini in my whole life but I'm still planning to after giving birth! *LOL*

    Labels: , ,

    posted by frecklesspeckles at 11:12 AM | Permalink |

    [ back home ]

    Comments for a surprise gift
    congrats to you and dex :)
    alam mo nalilito ako sa EDD kasi accdg sa LNMP dec31, pero sa ultrasound crown-to-rump length jan 8 hehehe... so gaya mo, naiisip ko din na baka around christmas time! :P

    congrats!!! :)

    Wowzers! I am sooo happy to hear about your good news. Hurray!!! Congrats. Ingat, plenty of good rest and healthy food ok!

    Wow, congrats! Wanda, bilhin mo rin yung book called "On Becoming Baby Wise". Very helpful especially sa mga new mommy like you. Meron siguro nito sa Ebay so tingnan mo nalang don.

    congratulations Wanda and Dex! so happy for you. wow ang galing naman kung jan 21 nga ano, hehe! ingat always.

    wanda!!! congratulations!! take care always and take it easy from now.

    congrats to u and dex!!! =) - chame

    Congratulations on your pregnancy. So happy for you. Take care always.

    congratz Wanda...it is indeed a blessing..I hope that you have a safe pregnancy..take care ganyan talagah ang buntis laging antokin hehehe

    Congratulations Wanda! Enjoy your pregnancy.

    awww, congrats Wanda! that's really a good book. nakatulong talga! ;)

    hi wanda, silent lurker. congrats on your baby news :). btw, i just got my cool slippers from Japan Home (MIL bought it for me in PI) -- which I only knew about bec. of your blog. hubby can't get enough of it -- which is good, at least the floors will be cleaner, LOL. congrats again!

    wanda congrats. i'm so happy for you. pareho tayo nung nalaman na positive, sa umpisa lang yan. just take care of yourself more now, dalawa na kayo eh.

    cocoa butter at body shop totally worked for me, yung stick nila. applied it twice aat miracle talaga.

    good luck and God bless.

    congrats wanda!take care ha...

    congratulations!!!
    take care.

    congratulations!!! woot! woot! :)

    hey Wandawoman!!! Congrats! Hahaha... natawa ako tungkol dun sa cream mo about stretch mark, e nagtatanong lang ako sayo tungkol dun the last time, hehehe... waaahh!!! maglagay ka marami nun... tingnan mo ko, pero di ako nagbuntis no?! malaki lng tyan ko dati kaya ngayong payat na ko, labasan ang mga kamot! wahahaha!!! good luck!!!

    It's not going to be a bed of roses all the time, but I swear it's worth it when you see your baby!! Take care of yourself and congratulations!


    Name:
    Location: Toronto, Canada

    While current technology doesn't provide a way to permanently zap my freckles, I will learn to love them for the meantime.

    Unbelievable as it may seem, we're finally tying the knot on Jan 21, 2007. This is an online journal that documents every tidbits of our wedding preparation as we savour every moment of it.

    W@Wies & N@Wies

    Credits

      Distributed by:
    Template copyright :
    V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
    Powered by :
    Powered by Blogger