• Countdown to Jan 21, 2007: First Trial Make-up & Studio Prenups

    First Trial Make-up & Studio Prenups

    Thursday, June 01, 2006
    Started the week with a jam-packed schedule. Early 9am last Monday, I was already at the IELTS center waiting for my turn to take the speaking exam. It took around 30 minutes before my name was called. It was a long wait. Agonizing and tiring coz I only had a few hours sleep. When my name was called, it's another 5-minute wait outside the interview room. I kept reminding myself to speak with confidence and try not to stutter. A friend of mine once reminded me to avoid the “uhm”s and “ah”s. During the interview, I just couldn’t help it! I blurted out a handful of “uhm”s and “ah”s and wasn't able to respond to the interviewer's question right away. Good thing, I was still able to relay what I had in mind in a free flowing way. I was asked to site an important decision that I had made and what factors made me decide to go for it? You know what I answered? “The most important decision I have made so far is to get married!” Well, that’s the truth! See, I used to dread marriage. So it’s a matter of how to overcome that fear. Well, I’m not saying I'm not scared anymore. But at least, I have the courage to face life’s challenges. Am I right? :D Funny, how I was still able to connect the interview with wedding. Drawback of wedding preps. Har har! I don't know if I did well but I reckon I could do better. Hoh well.. Let's just wait for the results.

    The interview ended early so I went to the mall while waiting for Dex. He had work in the morning so I still have a couple of hours to kill before we meet up for lunch. As I wasn't able to prepare a decent outfit to wear for the prenups the night before, I figure I need to shop and look for one. I thought it’s as easy as getting items in the grocery, but hell it was harder than I thought. Most of the dresses/tops I saw were the sexy ones. I tried some but they just didn't look good on me. Flab around the waist and arms – man it’s just depressing. Ok, some of you might say I don’t look overweight naman. Yes, I don’t think I’m fat, it’s just out of proportion. I don’t really care how I weigh on the scale. I’m more into “inches”. And oh, another weakness of mine – my chubby face. No amount of diet could beat my plumped cheeks and double chin. Imagine – lollipop! Eeek! Anyway, back to my kuwento. 3 hours past and I bought nothing. I was frustrated and depressed. I know it's so shallow of me but I just can't help it. I was sobbing na nga when Dex and I had lunch. Don't ask me why coz I don't know either. HEHE.. I decided to stop searching and just wear whatever I have packed.

    After lunch, we went to Eddie Bruan's salon for my trial. I was impressed with the brands of cosmetics he used - Shu Eumura, Awake, Chanel - wow ang sosy. I spent almost 3 hours on the hot seat coz Eddie had to entertain his customers while doing my hair and make-up. Honestly, the make-up was ok but it’s just not the look I wish to achieve. I looked a few years older than my no-make-up self. That’s a big No No for me. Why? See Dex’s totoy face. Eddie tried false lashes on me. But he used the full lashes coz all the semi-full ones have already been used up. It’s ok but I still asked him to take it off coz I looked too glammed up for a casual prenups. I just told him to use it on the wedding day itself nalang. And I wasn't very happy with the hair with lots of curls and the bun was too high. Don't get me wrong. Eddie's really nice and I believe in his expertise. But as other wawies advised, sometimes you just have to look for a HMUA that's "hiyang" to you. Instinct's telling me to try other HMUAs.

    click here to see more

    We left Eddie's place and headed to Dino's. Luckily we were still able to find his house even without a map. When we arrived, Dino's already waiting for us. We brought tons of hopia for his team and his family as "suhol" haha.. I told Dino I won't change nalang coz I don't know what to wear din. Talking about being frustrated? In the end, he helped us decide na just wear the blue polos Dex and I brought with us. Bagay naman daw. Ok, at least my arms won't be exposed.

    The shoot was really fun. Well, Dex and I were kinda shy at first. We didn't know what to do and just posed like statues. haha.. Dino kept on mumbling - yun sweet pose naman daw. Turned out the poses we made were mostly funny ones. *LOL* So even if Dino's not the type of photographer that choreographs poses, he did it na rin so that we could have more decent pictures. HAHA.. Mostly candid pa rin. He just guided us by citing scenarios... like magtitigan daw kami.. kunwari nagbibilangan kami ng buhok sa ilong ng isa't-isa! FUNNY talaga coz I think our weirdness has gotten into Dino! We’re contagious! While shooting, I kept on worrying that my face might look really round and big on the pics. What he did was took a couple of shots of me with different angles and tried to figure out which of those brings out my best features. I was really happy coz he was able to point out what are my best angles. At least now I know. Next time pag magpipicturan, alam ko na kung pano magpose. :D After the shoot, he burned the pictures for us in CD right away. Almost 300 pictures in 30 minutes!

    We had a little chitchat with Dino in between session. I asked him if my make-up was ok. He said ok naman daw. I was also able to get his insights on the works of other HMUAs. O diba? naging beauty consultant pa si Dino. *LOL* Anyhoo, I really like talking with him. He's not the type of supplier who's very loud or very ma-PR but I like the way he talks. Parang nakapa-intellectual. It's like I can ask him and converse with him about anything under the sun! For us, he's an instant friend. We’re very at ease with him. Some might not know, he's really humorous. Definitely not the Dino that we once thought of. I guess being his loyal blog lurker really established a good connection between us beyond the supplier-customer relationship.

    To cap it off, it was a tiring day but also an enjoyable one. Though I have some issue with my make-up, it still turned out well on pictures. Honestly, Eddie’s make-up wasn’t really the one to blame. I think my face is the main culprit. *LOL* I was able to sleep that night with a big big smile on my face. :)

    Here are a couple of shots from our prenup album. To view the entire album, click here.

    sweet daw sabi ni dino

    Rated PG - not so wholesome

    Bungisngis!


    This one's one of my favorite! I win!


    PAHABOL: I've been trying to achieve a certain look but I just couldn't explain what it is. Now I know. Think - Donita Rose. She looked really fresh and blushing and sweet on their wedding day :D

    Labels:

    posted by frecklesspeckles at 6:26 PM | Permalink |

    [ back home ]

    Comments for First Trial Make-up & Studio Prenups
    hi wanda!

    i think it's not the make-up sis! you look fabulous sa mga shots ni dino (magaling din si dino)...i think nasa updo ng hair mo. i suggest if you really want na bun ang gawin, try mo yung neat one or the french bun ba tawag dun on your trial next time? atsaka not so much high nga yung bun. :)

    i looove the bungisngis pic! ;D looks very very natural and candid!.

    ako din, i want the blushing bride look. heehee :D i think the make up looks ok, maybe try softer pink on lips and cheeks? hehe, as if may alam ako sa make-up ;P i agree with mai tho, i think it's the hair that makes you look older... parang too big and the tendrils looks a bit messy.

    (i had trial last week also, the hmu kept trying to make my hair bigger, and i kept saying i want it medyo flat-- he says na if it's flat, my face will look rounder/bigger. ewan if totoo! hehe)

    anyway! ganda mo sa pics!!! :D

    hello there :) saw your blog through W@W! i liked your prenup pix... especially the "rated pg" one :D excited na rin tuloy ako sa prenups namin :) kaya lang we'll probably have it a week before my wedding pa! anyway, happy preps! :) i'll link you to my blog ha? :)


    Name:
    Location: Toronto, Canada

    While current technology doesn't provide a way to permanently zap my freckles, I will learn to love them for the meantime.

    Unbelievable as it may seem, we're finally tying the knot on Jan 21, 2007. This is an online journal that documents every tidbits of our wedding preparation as we savour every moment of it.

    W@Wies & N@Wies

    Credits

      Distributed by:
    Template copyright :
    V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
    Powered by :
    Powered by Blogger