• Countdown to Jan 21, 2007: Colors and Swatches

    Colors and Swatches

    Friday, April 21, 2006
    Huhu.. lost the entire post I drafted earlier. :( Bad Blogger! I hope I can still remember what I composed.

    Preparation progress is going a bit slow these days. Haven't accomplished much lately. Haven't decided on the couturier yet. Even worse, list of entourage and principal sponsors still far from being complete. Everything's just hangin' up in the air.

    Recent updates:

    Was finally able to officially include Carol in our entourage. She's a good friend of mine from college and had already migrated to Canada some years ago. I asked her to be my abay during her brief visit here in Manila last March. I'm glad she agreed. :) The next challege is to get her measurement before she goes back to Canada. We have to get her measurement ahead of time so that she can do her first fitting even one week before the wedding date. As we haven't finalized our couturier yet, I dunno who's going to take the measurement. Last week, I tried my luck and called Yifu if they can do the it. I'll just pay the service charge. To my surprise, the secretary (Jo) agreed to take her measurement free of charge! So nice of them! Hm.. Maybe we can have Yifu make our mommy gowns instead. I've seen their work before and I'm confident they make really nice mommy gowns. :)

    I was blog hoppin' the other day and saw this pic from Angie's blog (Hi Angie! I took the liberty to post this pic. I hope it's ok with you. ) Wow! That's the exact design and color in Jorge Palmos' sketch! I love the design and the color! Just the exact shade I saw in the Fall edition of Martha Stewart Weddings magazine! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT!



    Searched through the internet to find the exact name of the shade -- it's somewhere between burgundy/wine/berry/plum. The swatch below says it's "wine", but I think I like to call it "plumberry". More berry on plum, and more plum on berry. Sounds confusing eh?


    We visited Alden Chua again last weekend. Dex said he'll have Alden make a suit for him. Sort of trial na rin to see if we like his work. That's a pretty good idea. So I thought I could have him make a dress for me also - the design and color will be more or less like the ento gowns posted above. Para we could also have a preview on how our ento gowns will look like. If we like the outcome, then we'll go for Alden. The challenging part here is to look for fabric that matches the plumberry shade. Alden said he can't promise he'll be able to find the exact shade as it's quite uncommon. So the next day, I went to Tutuban for some fabric search. I saw one that's close to plumberry but it's organza. Alden mentioned he'll be using chiffon for the skirts to create the soft look. I dunno if organza will do. Anyhoo, I think I'll just go back to Divi next week for more fabric searching. I hope we'll be able to find the one.

    By the way, I asked Alden to give a new quote considering there has been some changes in the number of gowns/barongs in the package. Nakakahiya but I still asked for the final price without the bridal gown. He's quite cool about it and gave me a good quote. We have more computation and thinking to do. So far, we've narrowed down our shortlist to: 1)Veluz (bridal gown) + Alden Chua (groom, ento & others) .. just might have Yifu make the mommy gowns instead. 2) Zandra Lim (complete package) .. Zandra gave us a good quote and her gowns are really nice as well. Just hope we could finalize the couturiers before end of June.

    As if there aren't enough things to do... I received a letter from the Canadian Embassy asking me to take the IELTS exam!! Gosh, aren't my credentials enough proof that I'm English literate? The thought of it makes me nervous! I haven't had any exam since I graduated from college! Puwede bang ifast-forward ang time? Sigh.. sleepless nights na naman. :(

    Labels:

    posted by frecklesspeckles at 2:55 PM | Permalink |

    [ back home ]

    Comments for Colors and Swatches

    Name:
    Location: Toronto, Canada

    While current technology doesn't provide a way to permanently zap my freckles, I will learn to love them for the meantime.

    Unbelievable as it may seem, we're finally tying the knot on Jan 21, 2007. This is an online journal that documents every tidbits of our wedding preparation as we savour every moment of it.

    W@Wies & N@Wies

    Credits

      Distributed by:
    Template copyright :
    V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
    Powered by :
    Powered by Blogger