• Countdown to Jan 21, 2007: Photography Class Day 1

    Photography Class Day 1

    Sunday, September 23, 2007
    I've been wanting to enroll in photography class since I got hold of our very first digital camera. I wasn't able to pursue this plan earlier because most of the photography seminars require attendees to have a manual SLR camera. I tried to look for ways to borrow one but obviously I didn't succeed. I'm just so glad DSLRs are "in" these days, hence cameras became relatively cheaper and digital photography classes likewise became popular. I learned through photography forums that there are actually a couple of good workshops being held around the Metro. I was really interested to attend Jo Avila's workshop but his studio is just a bit far from our place. So, in the end, I settled with the FPPF in Intramuros which is more accessible to me.

    I enrolled in the Basic Photography Workshop which runs for 5 Saturdays. Today's my first day in class and boy, I was surprised to see almost close to 50 people in our class - different age group and profession - all gathered in one room. It's really fun to make new friends! And they all thought I'm still in my early 20's *cough*. *LOL* Anyways, most of the lecturers are already over 60 years old in age, but they do know their craft really well. Ika nga nila, dami nang pinagdaaanan. And it's quite interesting to learn about the technical side of the camera/lenses to understand fully how each component works to capture that perfect shot. The topic earlier today focused mainly on the different elements of controlling exposure. Since I've been scanning through different photography tutorials on the net, I kinda have a head start already compared to my other classmates. Siyempre, etong si nagmamagaling naki-tutor naman kunwari sa ibang classmates na kala mo ang galing galing *LOL* I kept emphasizing though that I just know about the theories... that's it! I dont' really know how to put every theory into practice. Trigger happy lang ako. And I doubt it if I can replicate the shots I've done in the past. *LOL* I also learned the difference between camera bodies with full-framed sensor and those with 1.5 or 1.6 cropped sensors. Hm... enabler eto for future camera upgrade. *LOL*

    The classroom lecture was quite long and we weren't able to shoot much since it was practically raining the whole day. *sigh*


    Mang Ador giving his lecture. Nikonians outweighed the Canonians. Eeks!


    Trying the panning technique. After several attempts,
    I was able to shoot one with my own hands! Ang hirap! *LOL*

    Tried shooting in between session breaks and I was trying to search for lines and patterns. Not really very satisfied with my shots but this is the best among the crap. *LOL*

    talahib

    I hope to do shoot more in the next few days since we were given assignments before the session ended. Pressure pressure! I've been randomly going through photos in flickr since I got home hoping to trigger some inspiration.

    Before I end this post, I just want to share this cutie gift my friend gave me for my birthday. I was wondering why she asked for our pictures a couple of weeks ago. I thought she's cooking up a photo AVP for her son's 1st birthday this coming October na featuring the ninongs and the ninangs. Eto pala ang surprise niya *LOL* I sooooo love it!!! Cutie diba?? :)

    Labels: , ,

    posted by frecklesspeckles at 12:50 AM | Permalink |

    [ back home ]

    Comments for Photography Class Day 1
    uy wanda, naka-enroll ka na pala.. may sat pala, kala ko sundays lang.. anyway, i heard nga dami daw students. hubby plans to enroll there, ako di ko pa alam hehe.. btw, i like the keychain(?), san daw pinagawa.. gusto ko din.. ganda din for christmas gifts e..

    oooh wanda you're so lucky to have to opportunity and dedication to photog!
    really love your shots. looking forward to seeing more :)

    love the shots wandz... yung hand shot mo, whatever panning means, wow amazing!

    love the chains too... san nga kaya nya piangawa... tama si alpha, nice for christmas ito!

    oooh inggit ako Wanda! want to enroll na din! :)

    hmmm... no updates here yet?

    anyway, i have something for you...
    http://simplydeelytz.com/2007/09/29/its-her-again/

    enjoy the weekends!


    Name:
    Location: Toronto, Canada

    While current technology doesn't provide a way to permanently zap my freckles, I will learn to love them for the meantime.

    Unbelievable as it may seem, we're finally tying the knot on Jan 21, 2007. This is an online journal that documents every tidbits of our wedding preparation as we savour every moment of it.

    W@Wies & N@Wies

    Credits

      Distributed by:
    Template copyright :
    V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
    Powered by :
    Powered by Blogger