• Countdown to Jan 21, 2007: There's something ...

    There's something ...

    Monday, September 11, 2006
    {::Something Touching::}

    I was really surprised to see a gift left on my seat early last Friday morning. That's a day before my birthday and the gift was from our team. Haha.. the gift? Something I always borrow from my teammate... hehe... And oh, they bought my favorite banana cream pie with caramel sauce too! YUM YUM! to die for! LOL


    On my birthday itself naman, was supposed to treat Ma with a yummy lunch coz she doesn't dine out often. But we changed plan around noon time. She asked us to have lunch nalang at TC (buddihst organization) coz it was her shift to prepare lunch for the volunteers (they were doing recycling activity that day). I agreed and donated the money that was supposed to be for lunch to the center. Mom was happy with what I did. :) Then we went to Zandra's place for her measurement taking. I'm glad she liked the design of her gown. :)

    {::Something Romantic::}

    Dex and I had a wonderful movie date last night. God, would you believe prior to yesterday, we haven't watched any movie in the theaters for almost a year na. Wala lang, di lang namin feel. Hehe although the movie we watched last night wasn't really very nice (despite the hype), I just love the feel of movie dates – couple snuggling in the middle of the dark, stealing a kiss from time to time, and oh.. junk food and large coke! Haha.. we didn't bring food to the theater though coz we're both stuffed from dinner. Haaay... I wanna watch another movie really soon! Hehe..

    {::Something Exciting::}

    I've officially joined our photography club at the office! First challenge – Kid/Child Portraiture. Any photo of a kid/child. No flash photography (Use available light). Editing/Photoshop is allowed. Lucky me, I was able to take tons of pictures from the birthday party last weekend (see something fun). Will just need to process it a bit for submission. For fun only ha.. not for competition. :)

    {::Something Fun::}

    Attended a children's party yesterday with my mom, dex, and my 2 nephews. The event was held at C3 event's place in Greenhills, in celebration of the first birthday of my godsister's son, back to back with her daughter's seventh birthday. Uh, u see the picture? LOL we all had fun during the event. My oh my, I was really surprised with the gimmicks of kiddie parties these days. There were kiddie hair stations and face painting booth to glam up the kids. Boys' hair were brushed up with gel and sprayed with different colors. The girls' hair, on the other, hand were tied as pony tails or braided and sprayed with colorful stencil patterns like butterflies, stars and flowers. Pete (older nephew) had blond strips while Matt's (younger nephew) hair was like Super Sayan (of dragon ball) tinted in purple and blue. Glitters were also put on everybody's hair so the entire venue was just oh so shiny! Uhm.. by the way, I had a butterfly pattern on my hair too.. haha talking about the oldest kid in the crowd! LOL Anyways, aside from the hair stations, another thing that made me oh so excited was the face painting. I just love seeing kids' faces painted with beautiful and colorful patterns...just like the kids we saw back in Australia when we joined the "Walk for Diabetes" marathon event. But waiiit... I noticed all the kids at the party weren't having the figures painted on their face!!! Sa arms nila pinapadraw. What?? Ang corny naman! Being the wicked aunt as I always am, I *forced* Pete to have his chosen pattern drawn on his face! LOL yeah... I admit I must be Cinderella's wicked stepmother in my past life! Haha.. What made everything more funny was the fact that he (Pete) was the only one with the drawing painted on his face.. and the pattern he chose? PICACHU! He's already 9 years old by the way! LOL.. Dex and I just couldn't stop laughing at the pattern ... I mean, hey! Half binata na yan! Matt, on the other hand, was much smarter than his kuya na uto-uto. He refuses to have the drawing painted on his face. So siyempre di ko na pinilit at baka umiyak. He chose to have the Mr. Bean print on his shirt be drawn on his arms. Ang galing talaga magdraw nung painter! She was even amazed with the end product herself! Pinicturan pa niya para magawa niya ulit sa susunod. :) I would like to have my arms painted din sana but the queue was too long. I'm afraid the parents lined at the back might complain if I insist to have a painting as well. Haha.. e baket? Bata pa talaga ako e... sa pag-iisip! :) So aside from those, there were also buy-the-bucket booths and ice cream booths. My 2 nephews were too busy coloring the pictures they will later submit for the contest so Dex and I just stuffed ourselves with all the junk! Haha.. Even Ma was going around collecting junk food for all of us. :) Anyways, the party was really fun. They have magicians and lotsa games. It was really funny seeing the grown ups going gaga over the pabitin. As in, parang shark attack sila sumugod! Oh, I have to mention an odd thing about this magician. Before he bid goodbye to the kids, he said: "Remember to invite me to your birthday party. If not, that means your papa and mama doesn't love you." Ano daw?? Sarap sapatosin! Pero in fairness, he's really very good in magic. Kahit ako nakanganga while watching him do his tricks. Pero the choice of words, my God! Anyways, the kids brought home a lot of prizes after the party. And I brought home a lot of pictures for my first photography challenge. :)

    {::Something Disappointing::}

    I got a text message from an old friend of mine from school on my birthday. It was quite a surprise for me coz we haven't met for a long time yet he still managed to remember my birthday. The next message I got from him, he was congratulating me on our wedding come Jan 21. First thing that popped into my mind, how did he know? Down to the exact date? I wasn't concerned with him knowing I'm going to get married since he's already in my guest list ever since God knows when. The thing that bothered me is, he's a pretty well-known wedding supplier himself. I was a bit uneasy coz he might think I purposely hid my wedding news from him. Anyways, I asked how did he know. He said his clients saw my name from waw and told him I'm getting married. Then he dropped the bomb: “They did mentioned seeing your name and the blah blah comments you posted. Many of my clients backed out after reading your post.” Ha? What did I do? I was really apologetic in my reply.. as in sorry ng sorry but I didn't really exactly know what I was sorry about. I checked the archives and read through every single email I posted. I only found 1 reply that I sent that was related to his line of services. Honestly speaking, after rereading the post, I still don't get a clue what's wrong about my message. There were several feedbacks on him being blah blah and I'm probably the 999th person to comment on that matter. I just wonder why I was quoted for saying something negative against him? I specifically mentioned pa ha na he's my friend. Who in the right mind will stab someone from behind and then announce their true identity? Think! Brides ask feedbacks on certain suppliers, and then you just give your opinion base on your encounters with that supplier. In fact, my reply was a mere 2 sentence paragraph. But everything seems fabricated. I suddenly felt sad and disappointed with the forum. It was supposed to be a venue for brides to share their insights on wedding preparations and suppliers. It was supposed to be kept confidential. I know, waw world I just THAT big but I certainly didn't expect to be victimized. As a matter of fact, I was already burnt a couple of times. Often times I find myself hesitant to share anything I know for the fear that I will be confronted again in the future with what I've said. Many times before, I hit the reply button but just ended up closing the window instead of sending my message. Why? I would think, never mind. See, I would like to contribute in my own little way, but the funny thing is, how can you be honest knowing that it will just cause you headaches in return. So why share? Sorry my wawie friends, di ko po kayo nilalahat. In fact, I felt very thankful to waw for all the information about wedding preparations and suppliers. And also for the wonderful wawie sisters that never cease to cheer me up when I'm down and laugh with me when I'm happy. I'm just a little disappointed with how the community evolved. I joined the community on year 2005 and the people from the community weren't like that before. I can't recall if there were intrigues and arguments. I was hoping for sisterhood like kina glo, angie, gracita, aggie, litzie, cynch, ade, and the other wawies (pardon for not naming all of you) that were active nung 2005. And also pala my other kabatch in waw now whom I frequently exchange emails with. But I guess that's just the way it is right now. Buti nalang I have my blog sisters with me all the time. Thanks to all of you. That's why I still love waw coz if it's not because of waw, I wouldn't have known such wonderful sisters and supplier friends (at all). With regards to my friend, he said naman he's not mad at me. He understands daw na freedom of speech yun and that everybody has their own opinion on certain things. I'm just glad my friend didn't take it against me (or maybe he's just trying to make me feel better). Bottom line is, I didn't say anything wrong or hurtful at all. How did the story evolved, bahala na dun si batman.

    P.S. Blogger beta is out. I wonder if I should switch na? Feedback anyone?

    Labels:

    posted by frecklesspeckles at 5:54 PM | Permalink |

    [ back home ]

    Comments for There's something ...
    hey wanda. thanks for the message. about the dgscrapping, i would love to join kaya lang may mga conditions if you will be a member of a CT eh like purchasing kits from their creation monthly and doing LOs with it. mga ganung responsiblities which di ako ready. sayang nga talaga. pero if a kaBlogmate Pinay will be included sa team ni shawna, naku i'll be equally proud!

    i was reading your blog and so many emotions in one entry eh? i am very glad na happy ka sa bday mo. you deserve that. yung C3 sa ghills? dream ko dun magbirthday anak ko eh pagnag-one year na sya pero looks expensive. but i guess sa kwento mo mukhang worth it.

    about that w@w forum naman. i've never posted anything there. just visited the site pero like i've said i was never active in ratings etc. anyway, as long as you have a clear conscience everything will be okay. we're still here for you. you're a good person at hayaan mo na lang ang iba. just keep on smiling. stay happy.

    switch to wordpress? i believe yes. pero you're still busy with your preps... maybe after your wedding it will be a good idea.

    ingats ka lagi.

    belated happy birthday!!! :)

    ang sweet ng officemates mo! :D

    wow! date! it's been a while since i've been out on a 'real' date too.

    sadly, i had a similar bad experience at w@w-kanchiu too. but as long as you have a clear conscience naman, nothing to worry about :)

    good luck sa photography! :)

    hi wanda! :) hope this isn't too late... happy birthday! don't forget to post yuor picture for the photog contest! :) i'm also starting to study the basics of photog! hehe... cheers!

    Hey sis, belated happy bday! Dont worry, we still have your back. Cheer up. Minsan, meron talagang ganyan na issues.

    Uy share pics ng photogroup mo ha.

    Take care

    hi wanda,

    i was surfin around and found your blog site. hehehe. sarap naman cake.how are you guys?

    nelwin uy
    www.nelwinuy.com/blog

    Hi sis! Un pala ang issue na nabasa ko forum. Hayaan mo na sila noh! Cheer-up sis! MWAH

    Hi, I was bloghopping and got to your blog... can I link you up? I'm a a former W@Wie and a current N@Wie... although I don't post much in the forum I can understand your dilemma... Anyways, I guess some people just say things with the best intentions but end up hurting others. Don't fret, I'm sure it was just a case of misunderstanding.

    sistahs, thanks for your unending support. actually i didn't email mama benz about the booboos i've been experiencing in waw. i only told her my part of the story until she sent a reminder to everyone regarding this matter. anyhoo, hinayaan ko nalang siya. sa dami dami ba naman ng readers sa waw, hindi naman macontrol talaga kung ano ang gusto nilang sabihin at kung anong storya ang gusto nilang gawin.

    mimi, thanks for droppin' by! the banana cream pie was bought sa foodcourt ng philam life towers sa makati. i dunno the name of the store though.. ang sarap promise! :) i haven't tried banofee pie at starbucks yet. sige, i'll order it pag punta namin dun next time. :)


    Name:
    Location: Toronto, Canada

    While current technology doesn't provide a way to permanently zap my freckles, I will learn to love them for the meantime.

    Unbelievable as it may seem, we're finally tying the knot on Jan 21, 2007. This is an online journal that documents every tidbits of our wedding preparation as we savour every moment of it.

    W@Wies & N@Wies

    Credits

      Distributed by:
    Template copyright :
    V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
    Powered by :
    Powered by Blogger