• Countdown to Jan 21, 2007: Guestsheets installment - 1

    Guestsheets installment - 1

    Thursday, August 31, 2006
    Last weekend, I was determined to start doing our guest sheets. I mean "really" work on it. See, I've been attempting to do that for months already. However, I just couldn't focus and concentrate. Distractions are everywhere (especially when my bed is in sight.. haha). Anyways, just to force myself not to slack, I decided to do the scrappie stuff elsewhere. So last Sunday, I dragged Dex out of the house and off we went to a nearby coffee shop for some quality scrappie time. We chose to have coffee at San Francisco Coffee (Robinson's Place) primarily because of the free Wi-fi internet. *Dang* I couldn't even get a connection. Oh anyways, good for me otherwise I would have been distracted again (I'm such an internet addict!). Dex was watching me scrap coz I was the one using the laptop and there's nothing he could do. But after a couple of minutes, I decided to shoo him away! He's just too distracting! Have you ever met a kid who does nothing but ask questions? Haaay! He was exactly like that.. so kulit!!! Anyhoo, I was able to finish one (and only one) layout that afternoon. Pace was a little slow coz I have to read tutorials in between. Fortunately, the creative juices kept popping in after that scrappie afternoon. And as of today, I've done 5 LOs already... 40 more to go. *sweat*

    I just found out something interesting from simplecleandigiscraps today. There's actually a digiscrap lingo called “scraplift”, which means you pattern your LO against another person's creation. Sort of like making it a template for you to work on, then just tweak a lil using different papers and elements. Of course, you have to use your own pictures and subject too. The most important thing is to put credit on whom you scraplifted from. At first I thought it's an act of plagarism. Somebody might just knock on my door one day and say “Hey! You're a pirate!”. Haha.. Now, I'm relieved. For a beginner, it's much easier to familiarize yourself with the technical skills (Photoshop) and then work on your creativity later on. Of course, you could do both at the same time but I just find it less stressful to learn one at a time. It works for me that way.

    Anyways, I'm leaving you with the LOs I've done so far. I'm glad to see gradual improvements each time I scrap. I didn't really scraplift (yet) from anybody but I got a lot of inspiration from my favorite digiscrap designer, Gina Miller. I noticed, I tend to scrap like her. So, I may say I'm semi-scraplifting from her style. The only difference is, I'm not as good. haha... I've got limitations (a whole lot of it) when it comes to Photoshop and creativity.

    GuestSheet01GuestSheet02Guestsheet03GuestSheet04GuestSheet05
    Click thumbnails to view larger image and credits

    This is going to be my last post... for August! Haha... Scared you, didn't I? Tomorrow's the start of BER months and I can hardly believe how time really flies. Huhuhu... I'm sad actually. 9 more days and I'm gonna finally bid goodbye to the 20s. I so can't accept it! Geesh... I remember gushing over the same stuff last year. Anyways, maybe I should just be thankful coz most people say I look 10 years younger. Hehe... Sige na, para matuwa na ako. :)

    Oh, by the way, we're off to Discovery Weekend tomorrow! I'm so nervous! More kuwento when I get back. :)

    Labels: ,

    posted by frecklesspeckles at 2:47 PM | Permalink |

    [ back home ]

    Comments for Guestsheets installment - 1
    hay ako super addicted & hooked ako these days into digiscrapping. I myself is not so into arts pero it's fun to see the creative side of you pag tapos na ang LO. :)

    Galiiing! So cute! :D I love the effect of the last one!

    hey wanda! thanks for the message! about your age! nagulat ako... really... kayo ni dexter mukhang bata... magkaAge ba kayo? anu secret nyo? lol.

    about the LOs... i looooooove it... ang gaganda! i viewed them and parang ginawa sya ng isang expert na sa digiscrapping. galing! good luck sa 40 more...


    Name:
    Location: Toronto, Canada

    While current technology doesn't provide a way to permanently zap my freckles, I will learn to love them for the meantime.

    Unbelievable as it may seem, we're finally tying the knot on Jan 21, 2007. This is an online journal that documents every tidbits of our wedding preparation as we savour every moment of it.

    W@Wies & N@Wies

    Credits

      Distributed by:
    Template copyright :
    V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
    Powered by :
    Powered by Blogger