• Countdown to Jan 21, 2007: dreaming...

    dreaming...

    Thursday, August 03, 2006
    Check this out... I got the link from one of the wawie emails... my mouth is watering...

    http://dessertcomesfirst.blogspot.com/


    I've always wanted to create a journal that talks about nothing but FOOD... a photo journal to be exact. Not that I'm expert in taking pictures... but it's a good practice for a newbie like me.

    First thing first, I need to have a camera. I so wanted to replace our old canon powershot camera with a new one. It is still working actually but the batteries are almost bidding "sayounara". We were able to inquire at the Canon shop (Mall of Asia) last weekend and they're offering 0% interest on Canon EOS 350D for 12 months. Another friend of mine suggested Nikon D50. It's older than the latest Nikon D70 but a lot easier to maneuver. I was able to play with it before and the shots I took turned out nice. Ok, we're not talking about my photography skills here... just the camera's capability. HAHA.. Geesh, I just don't know if I should shift to Digital SLR or stick with Pro-sumer type camera (Canon S3 IS is out!) considering I haven't really learned photography yet. I got an answer from this site. Here's an excerpt:

    How Do I Decide?

    If you are really having trouble making up your mind, do what most photographers do: get both. The digital SLR serves as the camera when you know you want to take high-quality photos and have complete creative control. This is the camera that you take on that road trip.

    The compact camera serves as a great everyday camera because it is so portable. Maybe you're walking down the street and see something that catches your eye. Pull out your compact camera, and you can get the shot. This makes a lot more sense than lugging around a bulky 5 pound camera with you every day of the week.


    Yeah right! What a brilliant answer *LOL*... Well, I'm talking as if I have the budget to buy a cam now... well, not in the next 2 months.. or 6 months probably. Hm.. how about 2nd hand DSLR instead? hay... Dream on... *droool*

    Canon Powershot S3 IS

    Canon EOS 350D (Digital Rebel XT)

    Nikon D50

    Labels: ,

    posted by frecklesspeckles at 12:12 PM | Permalink |

    [ back home ]

    Comments for dreaming...
    we got an EOS 350D. what can i say but its so worth it. hubby is the primary user but i do get to use it every now & then, ok sha tlaga.

    the thing kasi is if you invest in a DSLR, tlagang gaganahan ka to learn more about photography kasi you have the gadget already, not to mention the obvious passion for it.

    exciting nga coz dexter has been chosen to do a product shoot for this bag company. hehehe. more details AFTER the shoot, kasi baka maudlot pa. hihihihi!

    Good luck with photography! I've always wanted to learn but no time and no budget! Hehehe

    Btw, it might be waaay cheaper to buy in HK or Singapore :) Or a local 'importer' *cough*sortofblackmarket*. Sooobrang laki ng difference :) Hun got me the ixus750i... around 6k savings :)

    Go for the Canon EOS 350D, =)
    In case you're interested to pursue photography in the future. PCCI's(www.pcci.com.ph) offering courses, they even have food photography in particular =P

    Sisterettes! Thanks a lot for your encouragement! Parang go na go na tuloy ako mag-aral at bumili! (pigil muna) :D

    Shocks nagulat ako sa PCCI... haha former company ko kasi yun.. pero not the one sis eya was referring 'to. pero super close.. @pcci.com ang email ko dun. ;)

    hi fellow wawie bride! get the canon 350D...it's for people who want to start learning photography. and canon is really the best when it comes to DSLR cams.

    ibyang :)

    hi wanda!

    i suggest if you know somebody who's living in the US, mas nice if makisuyo ka to buy it for you. kame ganun ang ginawa, mas mura pa ang D50 namin kesa sa popular camera shops sa hidalgo.

    tapos baka dito na kami bumili ng lenses... secondhand siguro pwede na kasi mahal nga ang hobby na ito kaya kelangan dedicated ka talaga & besides tama muna siguro na yung dslr muna at practice bago bumili ng ibang paraphernalia nya.

    may link ako sa WP site ko na pinoy photography, marami secondhand dun dapat lang keen ka para sure na di sira mabili mo!

    good luck sa atin dalawa na newbie. thanks for visiting my blog. tc!

    Hi Wanda!

    I would definitely recommend 350D. Unlike Nikon that requires you to really read the Manual, madaling kapain ang 350D. The quality of shots are amazing. These are based on personal experience ha. Tama si Cynchie, mas gaganahan ka talaga to exercise your photography skills when you have an equipment that will give you great results. Ang downside lang...once you own a DSLR, you will want all its accessories...like wide lenses, flash, etc..etc..

    Not the cheapest hobby but if you have the passion for it. Go for it!

    I currently own a D70, that's one of the best DSLR around along with 350D.

    Sorry napahaba ng comment ko. ;)

    wanda, buy your 350D in Quiapo. it retails there (body w/ lens kit) for 37K w/ 1-year warranty while the nikon D70S kit sells for P35K yata. even lenses there are way cheaper compared sa malls.

    one problem with buying cams in singapore, hk or us is warranty. it's either you ship it or bring it there personally. HASSLE!

    Nagpunta kami ni Dex last weekend sa Hidalgo. Wah sarado. Hehe next week nalang ulit. Thanks for all your suggestions! :)

    Canon has announced the latest evolution in their affordable digital SLR series, the ten megapixel EOS 400D / Digital Rebel XTi.....Headline new features / specifications include the ten megapixel CMOS sensor (up to ISO 1600), a new dust reduction system, nine area auto focus, Picture Styles, a large 2.5" LCD monitor .. check this link also: http://www.photoworkshop.com/canon/icc.html . Now i want my own SLR too =)... btw it's coming out middle of september - for US$899 ..


    Name:
    Location: Toronto, Canada

    While current technology doesn't provide a way to permanently zap my freckles, I will learn to love them for the meantime.

    Unbelievable as it may seem, we're finally tying the knot on Jan 21, 2007. This is an online journal that documents every tidbits of our wedding preparation as we savour every moment of it.

    W@Wies & N@Wies

    Credits

      Distributed by:
    Template copyright :
    V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
    Powered by :
    Powered by Blogger