• Countdown to Jan 21, 2007: Decisions Decisions...

    Decisions Decisions...

    Tuesday, August 22, 2006
    You know what? I'm starting to notice the pattern. That is - I usually get things done when unplanned. Things just freezes when I do excessive thinking. More often than not, due to too much thinking, I can't decide in the end. As oppose to too much squeezing of the brains, being implusive is a rather quick solution (at least for me). One, two, three - in a snap, it's all decided! Hope I didn't confuse you. Here's the whole story.

    A few days ago, I emailed Clarice with the recent updates on our wedding preps. I figured out I needed a little advice from the expert to help me move on. I wasn't able to hide my depression so I spilled it all out to Clarice. I was at lost and confused. I have done all the research but I just can't make up my mind mainly due to my OCness and budget constraints. Next day, my guiding light (Clarice) gave me a call and assured me that I'm still in pace. She helped me sort out the issues which cleared up my mind on what to do next. I was joking and told her I'm becoming a bridezilla. Her answer made me laugh out loud. She said I'm far from being one. Hehe.. The 30 minute conversasion really lifted my dampen spirits. The next minute, I'm on the GO again and started calling and inquiring. Boy, the adrenaline was really at its peak and I was able to iron out a lot of things.

    Warning: long read from this point on.

    {Event Stylist}
    So far we (or I) only considered Teddy Manuel. We met him at the Crowne Plaza bridal fair a couple months back for the initial quotation. Honestly, I thought it was really "goodbye" to Teddy coz his initial quotation was way too high. Even though he told me he can work around our budget, I was too embarrased to tell him that we only alloted an itsi-bitsy amount for the flowers. Didn't contact him afterwards and started looking for alternatives. I thought dangwa flowers will be enough. One day, I don't know what had gotten into me, I just thought of Teddy and decided to give him a call. He was at Makati that day so I asked him maybe we can meet at a nearby coffee shop if he's free. So there, I sneaked out in the middle of work and had a lengthy discussion with him over a cup of coffee. Actually, I wasn't able to order anything due to rush. Promise, hindi ako barat. Haha… I'm glad we had a private discussion as oppose to the meeting we had during the last bridal fair. There were simply too many people at the fair and too much distraction. Anyways, we had a fruitful meeting. He suggested a lot of ideas for the entourage flowers and the backdrop base on our theme and the choices of flowers that I like. Haha I kept on reminding him – no expensive flowers! I really like his design for the presidential table (it's basically couple's table and VIP table in one). Flower boxes wrapped with pink and brown ribbons which can be a take-home souveneir for the principal sponsors. The flowers will be pink roses in different shades, celosias (or palong) and mint carnation. Palong's my favorite – it's this flower that looks like a coral with little fibers in fuschia and burgandy colors. Here's a sample of the flower boxes:

    Flower Boxes
    Photo grabbed from April and Karen's Folio

    I'm glad both Teddy and I have the same taste when it comes to designs and choices of flowers. Actually, he said not a lot of people appreciate the beauty of Palong. On the otherhand, my bridal bouquet will be mixtures of tulips, roses, and viburnums. As for the backdrop, it will be white drapes with window panels and a cherry blossom look-alike tree. He'll be using hydrangeas as alternative for the cherry flowers. Crystals and japanese lanterns will be used as accents. He will also put simple ceiling drapes from the presidential table to the cake table just to add a little more drama. We didn't discuss about the centerpieces anymore since it's in our 2nd priority list. Actually, Dex and I are ok with no centerpieces coz we'll be serving lauriat on the reception. So most of the guest tables will be full already with the viands, softdrinks, guest sheets and whatsoever. So here comes the exciting part – the price. At first it was still kinda high. But after much haggling, he was able to lower his quotation. A good and reasonable price in my opinion. I didn't book him yet coz I have to discuss it with Dex first. And of course, I don't have a checkbook with me. Hehe.. Dex is ok with the price already (though it's still over our budget). So we might book him anytime soon. :)

    {Female Entourage, Sisters and Mommy Gowns}
    It's a battle between Alden Chua, Tita Nitz, and Zandra Lim. Out of the 3, Zandra's quote was the most expensive. But I really like the designs she made for the other wawies. So we decided to visit her shop last Saturday. I was thinking maybe seeing her sketches will make the decision process easier. Indeed, I fell in love with her sketches (see pic below). Zandra's really very creative. I just showed her my inspirations from the bridal magazines and she was able to do sketches of the entire female entourage in just a few minutes! She took into consideration the designs I like, the body type of my entourage, and the theme of our wedding. So even if I wasn't able to cut down the price she gave me on her last quotation, we booked her right away. Uhm.. I was able to make tawad for 1 thousand pesos pala. Haha.. The price is reasonable actually. But of course compared to the other suppliers we were considering, splurge pa rin to get her services. Well, if a little extra means less hassle and headaches, I think everything will be worth it. I think Dex was kinda shocked when I asked him to take out his check book right there and then. Haha.. I just hope my abays, sisters, and mommies will be happy with their gowns. Boy, I'm so excited to see the actual gowns. Makes me want to be an abay too!! Hehe :)

    zandrasketches
    Zandra's Sketches for the Entourage

    swatches
    Swatches of the fabrics. Colors in the picture aren't super accurate.

    {Sound System and Lights}
    TSG recommended their partner Sensitivity. I inquired with Juancho (contact person) about their rates taking into consideration the needs of TSG for the sound system and Teddy's specification for the lights (just a couple of par lights to lighten up the ceiling drapes). The price he gave me is reasonable, though I know there are other suppliers who offer a much cheaper price. I'm just not sure of the specifications. I asked Clarice about it she said Sensitivity is ok naman daw. Dex is ok na rin with the price so we might book them nalang. Anyways, we still have a couple of months to scout for other supplier. That is if I don't get lazy to do further researches. Hehe..

    There you go. The deciding process is pretty simple right? Just don't think and go with your gut feeling! :) That's 3 items off our list. Whew!

    I still have another pending supplier that sucked up all my powers – hair and make-up artist. I had another trial with Effie Go last Sunday. The results? Hm… the overall look is dainty. But as I mentioned in my previous post regarding eye make-up, I looked chinky with Effie's make-up. I like everything just not the eyes and the brows. I like how she applied my foundation though. I looked fair and dewy. And I also like the effects of the lips – so kissable. Haha.. And oh, I love my hair!!! Actually I requested to have braids. I showed a picture of Paris Hilton with her braided bun and the hairstylist (Rica) was able to execute it. Not exactly alike (my hair's still too short) but I'm very satisfied with the bun. We took pictures at Island Photos in Megamall. Here are the pictures. How do I look?

    Trial Make-up by Effie Go

    I showed my brother the pictures of the trials I've had so far. Nah – none of them caught his eye. It's either I look too matured, too fat, too dark, too chinky, too whatever. Dex naman liked my make-up with Effie. While me, Toto's make-up is by far my favorite. Hay… this takes like forever! Clarice highly recommends Peddy Acebo though. He was the one who did the make-up of Ponds facial wash's model on the billboards. Exactly the way I wanted to look. Hay, but I already spent thousands on the previous trials. And Peddy's rate is really pricey (although the trial is not that expensive). I wonder if I should have my 5th trial? Dex's is already complaining. Well, I'm also tired na. But but but… huhuhu…

    On a lighter note, we were able to complete the list of our bridal entourage (finally). Inspired by Mika's post, I made our version of the entourage list. Hehe.. an excuse to scrap. I used the kits I just downloaded from Computer Scrapbook. Just discovered that site from Jeanine's blog. So, it's not pink. I'm trying to stay away from pink for a while coz I just noticed most of my LOs are in pink! *LOL*

    Entourage List
    [CREDITS]
    Patterned background papers and flower by Jane Doe available at ComputerScrapbook.com, Twine Glass by Sara Carling available at Scrapbook Graphics, Font: SBC Courtney's Journal available at ComputerScrapbook.com

    Oh oh, by the way... Dex and I are already scheduled for Discovery Weekend this coming Sept. 1-3. I hope this will be a chance for us to sort out issues and communication haywires.

    I guess that's it, pusit! HappyMonday! :)

    Labels: ,

    posted by frecklesspeckles at 1:09 PM | Permalink |

    [ back home ]

    Comments for Decisions Decisions...
    hey wanda! after that long read... naexcite ako sa wedding mo! halos puro n@wies na rin kasi sisters ko dito sa cyberspace. galingan nyo ni dex sa pagprepare! ingatz!

    Nice make up! ...parang no make up! Hehe

    Wow. Dami mo na nagagawa! Yikes! I have to start working on stuff na also! ;p

    Hi Wanda! Same January papala tayo :) mauna lang ako ng konti sayo. anyway, i think your makeup trial with toto B was lovely..you look really good in the pics there :)natural and clean.
    since pareho tayo clarice brides, she also suggested peddy to me, had my trial last march with him and got him na. although parang gusto ko pa ulit magpa 2nd trial with him sometime soon...may ibang 'look' akong papaptry sa kanya..hehe ang arte no ? :p
    anyway happy preps to the both of us!


    Name:
    Location: Toronto, Canada

    While current technology doesn't provide a way to permanently zap my freckles, I will learn to love them for the meantime.

    Unbelievable as it may seem, we're finally tying the knot on Jan 21, 2007. This is an online journal that documents every tidbits of our wedding preparation as we savour every moment of it.

    W@Wies & N@Wies

    Credits

      Distributed by:
    Template copyright :
    V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
    Powered by :
    Powered by Blogger