• Countdown to Jan 21, 2007: DW

    DW

    Wednesday, September 06, 2006
    We were a total of 27 couples in our batch (Discovery Weekend Sept 1-3). Our facilitators were Doc. Allan Dionisio and his wife Maribel (marriage counselor). They're also the lay chaplain of DW - lucky us! What can I say about the entire experience? Tiring yet satisfied. Happy from within. We learned and gained a lot from this seminar, which makes us well equipped with the right tools to bring into our marriage. Of course, it's not a sure shot to a fruitful relationship, but at least we know where to work on. It's a learning process, as they say.

    I won't share what we discussed during the retreat, as they're supposed to be kept personal between the couple and the participants. I'm going to share meaningful songs that inspired and lifted our spirits instead.

    Love is Something

    Love is something that is given away, given away, given away.
    Love is something that is given away,
    And it comes right back to you.

    It's just like a magic penny,
    Hold it tight and you won't get any,
    Spend it, lend it, give it away,
    And it comes right back to you.

    (repeat by replacing LOVE with PEACE)
    (repeat by replacing LOVE with JOY)
    (repeat by replacing LOVE with FRIENDSHIP)


    This is a song from High School Musicale. Actually, I don't know what the heck HS musicale is. Just read about it from Dino, Bong, and Fol's blog when they posted the story about Kite's (John & Benz's daughter) birthday party. Ika nga nila, parang national anthem yan ng mga bata. I find it interesting coz we were asked to sing this song with matching actions pa! At least next time when I attend a kiddie party, I'll be able to sing along with them... with matching actions. *LOL*

    You and I

    You and I will travel far together,
    We'll pursue our little start together,
    We'll be happy as we are together,
    We may never get to heaven,
    But it's heaven at least to try.

    You and I are going on together,
    'Till the time we have is gone forever,
    Watch the evening drawing on together,
    Growing older, growing closer,
    Making mem'ries that light the sky.

    That only time can make,
    That only love can make,
    That only we can make,
    You and I.


    Actually, I haven't heard of it before, but the words and melody really touches our hearts.


    {Credits} Thank Heaven Photo Mat by Michelle Underwood available at SBB

    DW ended at around 5pm on Sunday. We rushed home to get the car so that we could catch the bridal expo at PICC. Actually, we weren't looking for anything in particular. Just wanna lurk around and see what's new. I felt senti coz that's the last bridal fair I will be able to attend. Geesh, I love going to bridal fairs pa naman. Anyways, we were hoping to meet Teddy at the fair, even though we weren't even sure if he has a booth there. I guess we're lucky to find him a few minutes after we entered the fair. Yeepee, finally booked him and made the payment na. Too bad we weren't able to redeem the raffle coupons anymore coz the counter was already closed. :( The consolation is, we won the last hourly raffle - a 40-page magnetic album from Megapixels for 5R pictures. I can use it as our guest sheets album after the wedding. :) We also saw a booth selling Bibles and spotted a cutie one with pink and blue leather cover. They were selling it for 20% off the original price. Sayang lang sana pink and brown nalang instead of blue. Pero not bad coz it's close to the motif na rin. After thinking for some time, we bought it na rin. I'm so delighted coz the price is really a steal considering the quality of the leather cover. And the color is so chic! A little bling bling will make it look terno with our wedding theme na. Didn't I just say I usually get things done when unplanned? :)

    bible

    By the way, there was a wedding at PICC forum -3 that night. I was told Dino was there covering the wedding. When we were on our way to the parking lot, I saw 3 hunks on yosi break at the entrance of the reception venue. Akala ko guwapo, yun pala.. (haha.. peace bong, jon and robert!) Approached them and made chika here and there. We were able to take a glimpse of the picture AVP playing from the entrance. GRABE! Ang ganda ganda! Napa-imagine tuloy ako how our AVP will turn out on our wedding. Hehe.. dreaming dreaming. :) Chika for a few minutes then we bid goodbye.

    When we arrived home, my brother (our invites supplier and sponsor) handed me the draft layout of our souvenir. The layout is nice. I'll spare him with criticisms nalang since labor of love naman. haha...

    It seems like we did a lot of things during the 3-day break. Tiring indeed! Have an appointment with Veluz today for measurement taking. OMG, dis-iz--it! :)

    Labels:

    posted by frecklesspeckles at 6:34 PM | Permalink |

    [ back home ]

    Comments for DW
    This is nice ha, pero sayang...
    you should have asked me about this...
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1414309716?v=glance

    this...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Zondervan-NIV-Pink-Chocolate-Bible-in-a-Bag_W0QQitemZ320024758605QQihZ011QQcategoryZ378QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

    and this...
    http://family.webshots.com/photo/548580708/2474181390068268723JUzZqC which was actually ours...


    Name:
    Location: Toronto, Canada

    While current technology doesn't provide a way to permanently zap my freckles, I will learn to love them for the meantime.

    Unbelievable as it may seem, we're finally tying the knot on Jan 21, 2007. This is an online journal that documents every tidbits of our wedding preparation as we savour every moment of it.

    W@Wies & N@Wies

    Credits

      Distributed by:
    Template copyright :
    V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
    Powered by :
    Powered by Blogger