• Countdown to Jan 21, 2007: 1st Fitting

    1st Fitting

    Tuesday, September 26, 2006
    { Prelude }

    I had my measurement taken at Tita V's some weeks ago. I felt conscious the whole time coz the two (Niko and Veluz) where literally studying me from head to toe. Funny nga coz they were actually nitpicking the flaws of my body – boobs too small, booty too flat, whatever. Parang akong kinikilong baboy *LOL* Natatawa lang ako sabay hirit na "sige, kilatisin niyo ang katawan ko ha." After scrutinizing my not-so-well-developed body, Veluz suggested another design and explained how the cuts will sculpt my figure. She drew a sketch (knowing me well na sleepless nights na naman yan if I have to wait for her to send me the sketches via email *har har*) to help me visualize the details of the design. She was also able to incorporate my request of having 2 different looks for the church and reception. I'm really very happy with the new sketch. She promised to let me try on the 2 designs on my first fitting – the original design and the new design – just so I have a comparison which I like better.

    { 2 weeks later... 9/19 }

    I had my first fitting with Veluz. As soon as I put on the cheese cloth gown, Veluz's eyes were like instantly locked at my chest! She just shook her head and told her assistant to bring in more pads. *LOL* *ouch* Her facial expression was really funny. Yung tipong "just as expected". :p She fastened pins here and there. After the adjustment, wow! It looked great! No traces of fats and bellies whatsoever! Then she cut out some lace and showed me how my detachable sleeves will look like. I love it! Bale the katcha gown that I fitted was patterned against the new design. Later she asked me to fit the gown that she uses as display on bridal fairs. At first I was a bit reluctant. Although I'm not a firm believer of pamahiin, I had second thoughts pa rin whether I should put on a made gown. It took 3 seconds for me to decide. :D The gown was made of pina and had a pinkish blush beneath the pina fabric. And it fitted me perfectly!!! As in.. parang akin talaga sya!! Even Veluz was amazed. Sabay okray sa akin: "wow, pang mannequin yan ah!" (ehem ehem... ) Anyways, the gown's design is very much similar to Veluz's original sketch. I love the embellishment of the gown coz she used sequins instead of beads. Exactly like the gown inspiration I showed her when we first met. Heaven talaga ang pakiramdam ko. I was like a little girl who suddenly turned into a princess. Yun hawak hawak mo pa yun skirt mo tapos umiikot-ikot ka to show the balloon of your skirt. *LOL* I was wearing the gown for more than 15 minutes I think. The whole time nung pinag-uusapan namin ni Veluz yun costing ng gown suot suot ko sya! *LOL* Veluz had to repeat her explanations more than 3x bago mag-sink in sa akin mga sinasabi niya. I kept saying: "yes.. yes... teka, anu ulit sinabi mo? Sorry paki ulit naman di ko na-absorb!" Natatawa nalang sa akin si Veluz... sobrang at awe kasi. *LOL*

    With regards to the final design, I've decided to go for the new sketch. I'm still contemplating whether to go for Pina Cocoon or just stick with Illusion Tulle. I would love to have a gown with clean lines pero yun may dreamy effect. Veluz showed me sample gowns for each type of fabric and I think I kinda fell in love with the Pina Cocoon train. Anyways, will just wait for Veluz's costing before jumping into conclusion. *excited*

    I initially wanted to share some pictures here. On second thought, I decided to just provide you with the link nalang. I want to keep it as a surprise sana kay dex. Click here to see the pictures. (Dex, wag makulit... :D)

    Labels:

    posted by frecklesspeckles at 6:14 PM | Permalink |

    [ back home ]

    Comments for 1st Fitting
    Kaka-excite no? Ako din when I had my first fitting I was giddy! parang dun pa lang nag-sink in sa akin na ikakasal na nga ako... hehehe! enjoy your preps sis!

    thanks for leaving a note! yeah, nakakaexcite talaga. haha.. parang i can't believe this is it!


    Name:
    Location: Toronto, Canada

    While current technology doesn't provide a way to permanently zap my freckles, I will learn to love them for the meantime.

    Unbelievable as it may seem, we're finally tying the knot on Jan 21, 2007. This is an online journal that documents every tidbits of our wedding preparation as we savour every moment of it.

    W@Wies & N@Wies

    Credits

      Distributed by:
    Template copyright :
    V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
    Powered by :
    Powered by Blogger