• Countdown to Jan 21, 2007: Photographer Hunt 2: Dinolara

    Photographer Hunt 2: Dinolara

    Friday, February 17, 2006
    Here's the second part of our photographer hunt. This time, we met Dino Lara - a name everyone in the wedding industry knows! I'm quite excited at first to meet him coz I've been an avid fan of his works, his site and his blog ever since I started 'assuming' I'm going to get married soon. But upon seeing his recent rates in his homepage, my heart sanked. Are we willing to spend this much? And if we're going to get him, we still have to look for a separate videographer, which entails another expense. But for the sake of meeting the man, what the heck? I would just like to meet him and see his works. Whatever decision making headaches, I'll just leave them behind and see where we go in the future.

    Mr. D was again shocked when he saw the map to Dino's place. Kalayaan again? We just had an escapade earlier this week when we met Fol. Har har. I just gave him this "pretty-please" + *wink* *wink* look and assured him that we won't be seeing the "You're leaving Makati" sign by Mayor Binay again. The drive to Guadalupe was supposed to be short but we missed the exit to Kalayaan on the Buendia flyover, hence I was able to get glimpse of Euro Star Carnival in Fort Bonifacio. Since we're not familiar with the Fort, we decided to head back to Ayala and follow the directions in the map again. Upon reaching Guadalupe, we got lost while trying to trace Balagtas St from the narrow and dark streets. We were even afraid to ask for directions coz the area was just a bit creepy. Anyhoo, we finally found their house after a couple of tries.

    We were welcomed by Dino's cute son when we rang their doorbell. He's so cute!! I've only seen his daughter's picture in his site. Anyways, upon meeting Dino, I was a bit surprised coz he looked way younger than I imagined. He's not as talkative as the other suppliers I met as well. So we just focused on checking out his albums and listen to what he thinks of our request. Despite our conversasion's being "isang tanong isang sagot"-like, I find him very accomodating and doesn't skimp on giving me advice/tips regarding photography. I must say, I love love love his pictures and his album! But the price, I don't! hehe.. He's a bit on the pricey side. (If Fol didn't offer that 20K discount, their rates are basically the same.) It's like there's a tiny voice in my mind saying -- "Dino's the one! Dino's the one!" But again, I have to calm myself at times as I can be very impulsive (most of the time). We left Dino's place with a big grin on my face. Let's see if we can sacrifice a little bit on the wedding dresses :)

    Here are some of the amazing shots from Dino's site. I like his Black and White shots - especial the contrast, depth, and 'feeling' of the subject matter. You can see that there's really something unique in his works... a trademark that would remind you of him when you see the pictures. :)

    This one is artistic: I just love his B/W pictures!!

    This one is cute:
    This one is funny: LOL!

    Labels:

    posted by frecklesspeckles at 10:43 AM | Permalink |

    [ back home ]


    Name:
    Location: Toronto, Canada

    While current technology doesn't provide a way to permanently zap my freckles, I will learn to love them for the meantime.

    Unbelievable as it may seem, we're finally tying the knot on Jan 21, 2007. This is an online journal that documents every tidbits of our wedding preparation as we savour every moment of it.

    W@Wies & N@Wies

    Credits

      Distributed by:
    Template copyright :
    V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
    Powered by :
    Powered by Blogger