• Countdown to Jan 21, 2007: souveneir idea and more...

    souveneir idea and more...

    Monday, February 13, 2006
    Even during the dreaming stage, Mr. D and I already had an idea what our wedding souveneir will be. It must be something useful and unique. Of course, cheap is also a factor. So we thought of Play Cards! Isn't it a great idea? As we don't want our face to be printed on every card (baka masuka yun naglalaro), we decided to just put our pic on the joker cards. Although we haven't decided on our motiff yet, I drafted a design.. it will look something like this...


    Notice the Church and Reception Venue? Well, here's the update.

    CHURCH
    Currently Booked with:
    1. St. Peter the Apostle Parish 230pm
    + love the interior and the wooden doors!
    + high ceiling
    + natural sunlight illuminates the altar
    + photo/video friendly
    + choir loft available
    + not so big
    + airconditioned
    + fee is much much lower compared to other churches
    - quite far from reception venue
    - No church yard for pictorials
    - The time slot is alanganin. My mom insists that I should step inside the altar at exactly 3pm as per feng-shui master's advice. Meee Gosh!! Although a friend of mine mentioned when you say 'auspicious date/time', it should be the time when the couple exchange marriage vows and wear the ring. I don't know which version is the right one. I think I want to believe in the latter one. I want the wedding to start early so that we will have ample time for pictorials.

    2. Mary the Queen Parish (wait-listed) - 330pm
    + high ceiling
    + natural sunlight illuminates the altar
    + photo/video friendly
    + choir loft available
    + time slot we got matches the 'auspicious date/time'
    + near reception area
    - can be hot during the afternoon
    - I got turned off when we sang for a friend last January. They rent out mics at 500 pesos each! Organ rental costs 2,500!

    3. San Miguel Church - 2 or 3pm - I'll skipmy comment for this one. We reserved this church only to be sure there's a back-up. They're giving us more than 1 month pencil booking time anyways.
    In short, we haven't decided on which church to reserve. However, St. Peter still tops the list.

    RECEPTION:
    Finalized - Gloria Maris Shark's Fin Restaurant (Greenhills)
    Settled our downpayment last weekend. There's no turning back. Actually, the place is quite nice coz it was newly renovated just last year. Our AE and the staff at GM is also very nice and accomodating. That'll make our future planning and dealings easier (hopefully). Just found out mom's friend is a relative of our AE. He said in most cases, they waive the 10% service charge! YUPEE!! 10% is a lot!

    That's all for now! Next in line - photo/video suppliers! Man, it takes more than 2 brains to decide which photographer/videographer is the best! I can sacrifice everything but not the photos! That's my top priority (aside from make-up). We're considering Folrana (20K off from his normal rate in celebration of their 6th year anniversary!! ), Dinolara, John Mateos Ong, Mimi & Karl and Threelogy. Gosh, if only we have the money to hire them all! LOL!!!


    Advance Happy V-Day!

    Labels:

    posted by frecklesspeckles at 5:27 PM | Permalink |

    [ back home ]

    Comments for souveneir idea and more...

    Name:
    Location: Toronto, Canada

    While current technology doesn't provide a way to permanently zap my freckles, I will learn to love them for the meantime.

    Unbelievable as it may seem, we're finally tying the knot on Jan 21, 2007. This is an online journal that documents every tidbits of our wedding preparation as we savour every moment of it.

    W@Wies & N@Wies

    Credits

      Distributed by:
    Template copyright :
    V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
    Powered by :
    Powered by Blogger