• Countdown to Jan 21, 2007: Offically a w@wie!

    Offically a w@wie!

    Sunday, February 05, 2006
    The countdown starts now. By January 21, 2007, I'll be officially Mrs. Yang-Tan. I hope this is the final wedding date even though I haven't consulted mom about it. As per forecast book for the year of the fire dog, Jan 21 2007 is a good date. Doesn't contradict with the sign of Mr. D, Mr. D's parents, and my mom. The initial wedding date was suppose to be Oct 29, 2006. According to feng-shui master, this is the best date for wedding in the year of the fire dog. However, because of unforseen circumstances (which is another story), we have to move the date a few months later. It's a relief actually.

    I started scouting for reception venues, church and wedding suppliers a few days after the date was set. Pero nabigo ako kaagad sa una kong inquiry. I called almost 15 hotels and restaurants for prospect reception venue but all of them are already reserved. Who in the hell would expect na ganon pala kahirap magreserve ng church and venue for a wedding? My brother's wedding (10 yrs ago) took only 2 months to prepare. Anyways, I was a
    ble to pencil book Heritage Hotel though. At first I thought that's it! But after seeing the place, I got so turned off. The way leading to the ballroom smells awful (kumapit na ang amoy ng cigarettes). And the place is not that clean as well. In short, it's already worned out. I was so frustrated since that's the only open venue. Hay pagod na ako mag-inquire so we thought maybe we should just change the date.

    H2b's mom was kind enough to get another date for us in a short span of time. She got the dates for November and January actually, but we decided to
    go for January so that we could have longer preparation. Besides, I got feedbacks that it usually rains on the month of November so it's not advisable to set the wedding date on that month. Everyone in D's family wants us to tie the knot this year actually (pero sorry nalang hindi pa yata namin panahon). Granny's health condition doesn't look good. H2b's sisters were kinda worried we have to wait for another 2 years in case something comes up with Granny's condition. I was shocked and at the same time happy when H2B broke the news to me (that his family is coming to the house for pamamanhikan or "kiu chin"). But after mersmerizing for a while, I got sad. I promised to myself I won't say "yes" until there's a formal proposal. But from the looks of it, hanggang "imagine" nalang. And seems H2b's not gonna make any pahabol proposal as well. :( Hay... mababaw kung sa mababaw, pero siyempre nakakasad pa rin kahit papano. How not sweet of him =( Anyhoo, the story must go on despite a not so romantic start.

    After getting the go signal, I started to draft my first message to the
    weddingsatwork egroup. I've been actively reading the group's messages for months but didn't reveal my true identity for the fear that someone I know might also be part of the group. I don't want to create a false alarm since I'm not yet gonna get married yet pa naman. I learned a lot about wedding preps admist the silence though. Gave me an idea which suppliers to choose just in case my time comes. True enough, even this early, I already have an idea which suppliers I want to book for our wedding day. After sending my first message to w@w, I immediately got a response from my ex-officemate Liezl... of course nabuking na ako coz I don't think there's another person bearing the same first name as mine. Buking na kung mabuking! :p Liezl was kind enough and gave me a lot of ideas. She suggested a lot of reception venues and even shared her experiences while she was preparing for her own wedding. Bilib talaga ako sa kanya coz she was able to prepare her own wedding in a span of 2 WEEKS! She was fortunate enough to get Century on her wedding date despite the short notice. As per her kuwento, she went to Century and asked for the earliest Sunday that will be available. God's will nga naman talaga coz she was able to get a reservation on the 2nd sunday after her inquiry.

    Bearing Liezl's story in mind, I asked Mr D that maybe we should also try our luck? So, we went to Century today and asked for the open dates they have (sundays) from Oct - Jan. Our AE Mr. Alan Sy was kinda snobbish but nonetheless helpful naman. He gave us 2 dates on Nov and 2 dates on January. He said the dates in year 2007 are mostly available pa naman. So tomorrow, I'm going to confirm Jan 21 with him na. Bahala na kung mag-react si mom... we could change pa naman if in case she doesn't agree with the date. Pero sumilip na ako dun sa forecast book niya, Jan 21 is a good date naman. I'm just gonna formally ask her to check the date lang. I hope pumayag na sya. I'm so happy at least may venue na kami. I really wanted to book Century right from the start. It's the best place with the best price. Other places, either too pricey or the place is not so good. So sana, confirmed na ang venue by tomorrow.

    Next stop, we went to Rockwell Tent coz there's a bridal fair there. We were asked to register coz we didn't make any online registration prior to the event. Nagkakulitan pa kami ng receptionist dun while Mr. D was filling up the form for raffle, some
    one came collecting the stubs na. Siyempre pa-charing kami and told him na ilagay niya yun stub namin on top of the pile para kami ang mabunot. After the registration we went inside the tent na. The place is actually quite small pero there were lots of supplier booths. I was able to talk to Ms. Jasmine Mediola while looking around. She's so petite pala! I told her I'm a wawie and I have heard a lot about her. Haha I guess that made her happy. Checked her work and her rates.. not bad, but I guess Madge Lejano is still my first choice. After a few minutes, Mr. Paulo Clemente (the DJ at the tent) announced the winner of the raffle... Aba! Mr. D's name was called. Sabay tingin sa amin and smile! We won 2 tickets for Kuh Ledesma's concert this coming March 24 at Mandarin Oriental!! Wawawie!! I'm so happy!! Mr. D and I were never lucky on raffle draws... buti nalang nagwork yun charm namin. Mr. D told me he saw that guy who claimed the stubs whispering at Mr. Paulo to announce Mr. D's name. haha... thank you thank you!! Wala na nga kaming binayad na entrance, may free tickets pa kami! hehe... sulit na sulit! Anyways, I got a lot of brochures from the bridal fair pero I'm not keen on getting the services of the suppliers of the fair. Ah except for one - 2171 flowers. I was able to talk to Ms. Joyce and I asked her some questions on setting up Century Seafood Restaurant. She said suki na sila sa Century at Gloria Maris so no problem for them to decorate the place. The price she gave was quite competitive din. Actually, I just wanted ceiling drapes and lighting on the venue. As in badly... I just love the ambiance kung may ceiling drapes!! And maybe a simple flower arrangement as centerpiece on each guest table. Simple lang coz the reception will be a lauriat. Should have enough room on the table to put the viands. Again, as I've mentioned, her prices are quite good.. I thought mas mahal pa ang nagagastos for event stylists. I'll put 2171 in my proirity list for now... it's too early to book a florist for now. Anyways, what excite me the most about this bridal fair was.... I got a wawie pin!! "I'm not just a bride, I'm a w@wie!" :)
    whew.. this is a long post... I'm gonna end this post now coz my mind is kinda snoozing already. Till the next update... :)

    Labels:

    posted by frecklesspeckles at 11:54 PM | Permalink |

    [ back home ]

    Comments for Offically a w@wie!

    Name:
    Location: Toronto, Canada

    While current technology doesn't provide a way to permanently zap my freckles, I will learn to love them for the meantime.

    Unbelievable as it may seem, we're finally tying the knot on Jan 21, 2007. This is an online journal that documents every tidbits of our wedding preparation as we savour every moment of it.

    W@Wies & N@Wies

    Previous Posts

    Credits

      Distributed by:
    Template copyright :
    V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
    Powered by :
    Powered by Blogger