• Countdown to Jan 21, 2007: Photographer Hunt 1: Folrana

    Photographer Hunt 1: Folrana

    Tuesday, February 14, 2006
    Last night, Mr. D and I had a challenging escapde going to Lexington Village, Pasig. We were instructed to take C5-Kalayaan and just go on and on and on and on... Prior to our trip last night, we've never been to places beyond Edsa Ave. We got so nervous during the long drive. Well, what's the fuss all about? It's all about meeting the man - Fol Rana! He's a pretty well-known wedding photographer in the w@w world. To scout for church and reception venues, go to his website and you'll get loads of information. Anyways, why met Fol? Getting Fol was initially out of the picture. Despite his good works, I find his rates a little steep. I just found out one fine day that he's slashing 15-20K off from his original rate in celebration of their 6th year anniversary. Another 5K will be deducted when 75% will be paid in advance. What a surprise? I immediately picked up the phone and called him up for an appointment. So, upon meeting Fol (which was already 9pm), his son greeted us with a loud howl.. I guess he was having tantrums. Good father Fol came to the rescue and tamed his son. Afterwhich, he started showing us his albums. They're pretty good actually. Their magazine type photo albums makes them different from the usual photographers who offers traditional magnetic albums. Attitude wise, I think he's very accomodating and open to ideas. Just tell him what you want and he'll find a way to do it for you. At first I thought he would charge extra if we'll be asking for more pictorials on the tea ceremony after the reception. He just assured as that one of them will be present to take the photos (might not be him because he still have work the following day). Anyways, we just talked the night away. He gave us some of his insights regarding the church and reception venue that we have in mind so far. I was so happy when he gave good comments about St. Peter the Apostle Parish! That some how added a plus on our deciding factor to get the church. He's familiar with Chinese weddings so no problem with that. Actually I like everything! I just didn't book him right away coz I don't wanna be swept away by my own impulse. One thing though, as much as I like his albums, I'm kinda having doubts regarding its durability. He assured me that since it's laminated, it will last a long time. Still, I think traditional magnetic albums are a lot more sturdy. I have to rethink it over.

    It's a great experience meeting Fol! I hope other suppliers we'll be meeting will be as nice as him.

    Labels:

    posted by frecklesspeckles at 5:34 PM | Permalink |

    [ back home ]


    Name:
    Location: Toronto, Canada

    While current technology doesn't provide a way to permanently zap my freckles, I will learn to love them for the meantime.

    Unbelievable as it may seem, we're finally tying the knot on Jan 21, 2007. This is an online journal that documents every tidbits of our wedding preparation as we savour every moment of it.

    W@Wies & N@Wies

    Credits

      Distributed by:
    Template copyright :
    V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
    Powered by :
    Powered by Blogger