• Countdown to Jan 21, 2007: Finger Odor

    Finger Odor

    Monday, March 05, 2007
    First attempt to cook last night - Adobong Manok. Used leg and thigh portion of the chicken marinated with garlic, soy sauce and pepper. Added potoates. Added vinegar.

    The processes... no peeler for the potatoes, no pan so I used a thin metal pot which burns food easily, no "chian-si" (how do you call it in english? wok spatula) - in short, chaos!

    Verdict? Hubby said not bad. I think the sauce was too salty and the chicken was too blant.

    I forgot to take a photo of my not-so-good masterpiece. Friends know I have this gallery called "cooking ni Wanda". The food that looks good... (period) *LOL* Looks like this online gallery shall be ressurrected soon. :D

    Ranting about my cooking experience isn't the purpose of this post. My question is -- how do I get rid of the garlic smell on my fingers? It's soooooo annoying!!!

    ETA:
    I immediately sniffed my fingers after slicing oranges last night. Well, the girls suggested calamansi, but I guess the effect is the same since both are citrus fruits anyways. Yahoo, hindi na amoy bawang ang fingers ko! Hubby insisted na psychological effect lang daw yun naamoy ko for the past few days. Hmp, e baket di niya amoyin yun daliri ko? *LOL*

    Thanks to all who shared their know-hows. Nakakatuwa basahin mga replies niyo. Next time ie-experiment ko naman yun solution with a metal spoon tutal marami pa ang bawang sa bahay haha... :D

    After this cooking experience, I realized we have a lot of shopping to do:
    1. kawali - kawali as in kawaling tagalog
    2. san-se (ano ba talaga tawag dito?)
    3. chopping board (yung wood)
    4. .... ayan nalimutan ko na naman ang mga kailangan bilhin... malamang niyan next na luto ko ulit matatandaan. *LOL*

    P.S. waah all the photo sites are blocked at the office na. Pati mga download sites. :( We really need to have a DSL line at home na.

    P.P.S. yun promise ko na wedding kuwento di ko pa rin natatapos. I will allot a couple of hours per day to do it. Hopefully I will be able to finish it before the year ends. *LOL*

    Labels:

    posted by frecklesspeckles at 6:31 PM | Permalink |

    [ back home ]

    Comments for Finger Odor
    rub mo yung hands/fingers mo sa something na stainless (or metal?) like kutsilyo (syempre ingat baka mahiwa :D)..

    hello wanda! congrats on your first attempt to cook! :D naalala ko tuloy yung aking saltless afritada! hehe sabi rin ni wood, masarap daw! ;P

    hi sis :) i'm not sure, but would calamansi work? hehe

    I heard the same thing which Alpha said. Hold on to a stainless spoon while you rinse your hand.

    I don't understand the logic of that advice but that was the advice I was given before. =)

    sis, wash your hands with vinegar before rinsing with water. Maalis yung amoy niya.

    if it still doesn't work, baking soda is the answer :)

    nahuli pag-post ko ... kasalanan ng blogrolling hahaha!


    Name:
    Location: Toronto, Canada

    While current technology doesn't provide a way to permanently zap my freckles, I will learn to love them for the meantime.

    Unbelievable as it may seem, we're finally tying the knot on Jan 21, 2007. This is an online journal that documents every tidbits of our wedding preparation as we savour every moment of it.

    W@Wies & N@Wies

    Credits

      Distributed by:
    Template copyright :
    V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
    Powered by :
    Powered by Blogger