• Countdown to Jan 21, 2007: Pink & Brown Detail and a Wedding

    Pink & Brown Detail and a Wedding

    Monday, December 11, 2006
    The girls had their first fitting at Zandra's last Sunday. Honestly, I was a lil bit nervous a couple of days back on the outcome of the gowns. I was really crossing my fingers and hoping that they will turn out lovely. All my worries went away the moment Zandra showed me the sample pink and brown braided straps of the flower girls.
    PERFECT! The colors were the exact shades I have in mind! Let me rewind the story a lil bit. I visited Zandra several times in the past few months to discuss about the fabrics to use on the ento gowns. The original fabric was supposed to be duchess satin and taffetta. The combination was ok with me but I just so love the satin fabric we bought for the ninangs. I was able to get swatches of the same fabric in light pink, plumish pink and choco brown. I showed them to Zandra and told her "ikaw na bahala". At first I wasn't expecting na yun yung gagamitin na fabric. Actually nung fitting, di ko na natandaaan yun mga issues ko on fabrics. Nasabi lang sa akin ni Zandra na she used the fabric I showed her before. OMG! I so love her! As I said, di ko talaga ineexpect na susundin niya yun since parang chika chika lang yun nung nag-usap kami. I was surprised na she accomodated my request. Eeeks! Wala akong masabi! Ang gaganda talaga ng gowns! Yun MOH, bridesmaid and one flower girl lang nakapagfitting last Sunday along with my mom, h2b's aunt and sister. Yun sa damit ni mother, medyo nasurprise siya sa color coz she was expecting choco brown yun damit niya. Yun gown kasi niya is medyo golden mocha ang dating. Maganda naman siya. Fit wise, well, tumaba si inay kaya talagang medyo masikip. Ia-adjust nalang siya. Yun kay sil2b, medyo surprised din siya sa color kasi she thought the dominant color of her gown will be in choco brown tapos yun accent ay lime green. It turned out na lime green yun dominant color tapos yun choco brown ang accents. Nice pa rin naman so ok lang. Si aunt naman nagtataka kung baket parang naiba yun fabric sa damit niya. hihi... di nalang kami umimik ni dex kasi we told Zandra to switch her fabric to taffetta kasi mas may dating. Maganda naman yun outcome e! LOL!! The gown of the bridesmaid and flower girl were not yet fully done kasi yun base palang nafit nila (pink). So hindi pa nila nakikita yun plum and brown accent on their gowns. Ok naman yun fit. Yun kay MOH, grabe, super gusto ko talaga! Yun gown niya lang kasi ang halos buo na. I LOVE THE COLORS! Kulang nalang magpagawa na rin ako ng same gown for myself! haha.. I love love love the color combination! Parang ngayon palang nagsisink in sa akin yun pagka-pink & brown ng motiff namin. The details are starting to show na kasi. Happy Happy talaga ako sa outcome! Kulang nalang halik-halikan ko na si Zandra sa sobrang saya ko! haha... This coming Saturday yun second batch naman ang magfifit. My secondary sponsors, junior bridesmaid, mil2b, and another sil2b. hehe excited na ako ulit! :D

    Still on gowns and weddings, Dex and I gate-crashed Gweny's wedding last Saturday at St. Peter. Gweny's one of the girlfriends I got to know from waw whom I frequently exchange emails and chat with through ym. Apart na super kamukha niya yun isang friend ko (as in mukha silang kambal), marami rin kaming suppliers in common including the church, photographer and couturier. Kaya talagang super kachika ko sya. Close to my heart talaga si Gweny so I really wanted to see her in person sa wedding niya. Actually, we didn't really gate crash coz I informed her beforehand na baka dumaan kami sa wedding niya to look at the flower arrangements. They upgrade their flowers kasi with the in-house florist so gusto rin sana namin makita kung ok ba ang ayos. Oh, she's a Zandra bride herself so I really wanna see din kung ano kinalabasan ng gown niya and of her entos. When I saw her walk down the aisle, grabe, naiiyak rin ako kasi she's really sobbing and holding back her tears! Ang ganda ganda niya on her day... the makeup, the hair, the gown... all were perfect! I so love the ambience of the church din kasi very solemn yun ceremony. Eeks! Napapaimagine tuloy ako gabi gabi kung ano yun scene kapag sa wedding na namin. hehe.. Anyways, to my wawie friend Gweny, best wishes to you and Karlo. Ganda ng wedding ninyo.. promise! :D

    Palapit na nang palapit! Tickler says 1 month, 1 week and 3 days until our Wedding Date! Eeks dami pa nang kulang! Hopefully all the paper works will be done before the Christmas break. Yun invites namin wala pa coz my bro's hard disk broke down a couple of weeks ago so everything's back to square one. He assured me naman na our invites will be done before Dec. 20. Sana nga, mega pangungulit na tong follow-ups ko sa kanya. LOL! Hay naistress ako sa dami ng dapat gawin... dami rin kasing gagawin sa office.. tapos Christmas pa. Buti nalang medyo tapos na kami sa Christmas shopping para sa mga gifts ng chikitings. Nabigay na rin gift namin to our mothers (advance na). Kaya kahit papano nabawasan na rin yun load namin.

    hokey.. i'm hitting the bed now. More busy days ahead. :)

    Labels:

    posted by frecklesspeckles at 11:49 PM | Permalink |

    [ back home ]

    Comments for Pink & Brown Detail and a Wedding
    nice gowns... kaka-excite, parang i want to see your gown na din, hehehe! Oh,and I love the braided straps, unique sya. Kakamiss mag-prep ng wedding ;)


    Name:
    Location: Toronto, Canada

    While current technology doesn't provide a way to permanently zap my freckles, I will learn to love them for the meantime.

    Unbelievable as it may seem, we're finally tying the knot on Jan 21, 2007. This is an online journal that documents every tidbits of our wedding preparation as we savour every moment of it.

    W@Wies & N@Wies

    Credits

      Distributed by:
    Template copyright :
    V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
    Powered by :
    Powered by Blogger