• Countdown to Jan 21, 2007: recent updates

    recent updates

    Saturday, November 11, 2006
    The long search is finally over! At long last, I have booked my make-up artist for the wedding. Guess who's my pick? Tada! Toto Bagamasbad! Thanks to all who shared their feedbacks. My God, I never thought it would take me this long to decide on my HMUA. Imagine - I had 5 trials. The first trial was way back May. June, July, August, September, October, November - it took me around 6 months to finally choose my bet. Bloody! Imagine the struggle I've been through. LOL.

    We've also started processing the papers needed for the church and the marriage license. MIL2B got us copies of the license form long ago and I was only able to retrieve it from the baul just this week. I was reminded to fill up the form correctly coz cityhall won't accept the form with erasures. Keeping that in mind, I was extra careful while going through each item. I guess my hand or my mind wasn't very cooperative that time coz I still made mistakes. So we need to pay for new forms again. Geesh! On church requirements, I'll be getting my baptismal certificate (with "for marriage purpose" stamp) in a couple of days. Next up, I need to get confirmed at San Miguel Church. Dex was volunteering himself to be my ninong. WHAAAT? No way! We'll just grab MIL2b nalang to be my ninang. I hope it's allowed. LOL!

    We have an emcee for the reception na rin. Decided to ask a friend of ours to be the host for the night. She's suggested to get another male emcee so that the program won't be dull. At least they could throw lines at each other during the program. Medyo monotonous daw kasi kung one emcee lang. She has a point actually. So there, we're in the search for a male emcee naman. I wonder who will be up for the challenge? haha..

    We'll be having our first meeting with Clarice in a few weeks time. I can't wait to meet with her coz I'm feeling kinda *sabog* these days. I guess I'm starting to feel the panic already. A little more than 2 months to go and we still have a lot of things to do. With Christmas just around the corner, all the more I feel pressed for time.

    On house preps, we have already chosen and ordered our bed. The dining table, chairs, and the sofa set also arrived today. Yey, our house is not bare anymore. On the other hand, the utility bills have already arrived too. Now I'm starting to feel what it really takes to be ON OUR OWN. haha sakit pala sa bulsa! LOL.

    That's our progress so far. Work has kept me busy during the past week. I was having a hard time coping up and it really affected my mood. During the past few job and assignment switches, the learning curve was never really tough. I could easily get into action in a month or so and most of the time I just learn by self study. This is the first time I really feel like not knowing what to do. Helpless. I don't know why, nothing just seems to register in my mind. My brain feels really tired and I'm starting to lose hope. I don't know if this has anything to do with age. I mean, let's face it. I'm not really young anymore so sometimes, like an old car, it doesn't function the way it used to be. It makes me feel really bad coz I know, somehow, I'm not meeting my colleagues' expectations. Or maybe I just lack the motivation to really work hard on it coz there are other things that are occupying space in my cracky brain? It's causing me so much pressure and stress. Anyhoo, so much about ranting. I hope this is just a process of adjusting to a new environment. The sun shall shine bright tomorrow.

    Before I end this post, I just want to share 2 LOs I submitted for the contests at PHP Digiscrappers.

    The first one was made for my preggy friend. I volunteered to take some photos of her tummy 2 weeks before her labor. Hindi naman halata na sobrang excited ako to take photos using my new cam noh? LOL! Super happy ako with the pictures so I decided to make an LO for her. I had it developed and framed. I gave it to her just this afternoon as a gift. She loved it! Oh by the way, she gave birth already last Oct. 24 to a cute baby boy. Hehe siyempre ako ang ninang.


    The second LO was made for the contest cooked up by Angie, Aggie and Yen. This contest got tough criteria. I wasn't really intending to join since my mojo's been absent for such a long time. The idea just came knocking at my door one day while I was taking a shower. I mean out of the blue! I love this LO so much coz (1) it's the first time I ever wrote a *long* journal (2) I love the photo the goes with the subject and (3) I really put my heart into it. I hope you feel the same emotion I felt while I was making it.


    Tata for now. Good night! :)

    Labels: , , ,

    posted by frecklesspeckles at 11:42 PM | Permalink |

    [ back home ]

    Comments for recent updates
    yay sa wakas you have a hmua na! :D thats a good choice. your post shook me back to reality..lapit na ng jan!! kung ano ano pa kasi pinagkakaabalahan ko. lately i feel SABOG din (cant quite put a finger on what ive been feeling and your word described it perfectly) . meeting clarice din in a couple of days. good luck saten sis!! :D

    huy, cute ung mga digiscraps mo ah! Nakapili ka na rin ng make up artist mo! Nitong mga huling araw, pansin ko, pumapayat ka, liit na ng pisngi mo... hehehee... pe@ce!

    Take it easy sis! dapat maganda ka sa wedding mo, pressured ka talaga pero take it easy kasi everything will be okay. believe me. saka di ka pa matanda nuh! ako ka ba! talagang pre occupied ka lang kasi lapit na kasal mo... and as always, talagang galing mo sa digi scrapping. keep it coming sis! :)w

    pahabol lang sis! CONGRATS FOR WINNING THE 2ND CONTEST!!! I'm silently rooting for you sa advanced LOs talaga... and kay Jenny rin for newbies! Totoo yun! Wow! Enjoy mo ang prize mo, it will be very fun to shop for free! ;)

    Jean: yupie! meron na rin akong napiling HMUA! Thanks a lot din for providing me feedback on my trials.Lapit na natin sis! let's keep each other posted sa progress. :)

    Carlo: Hoy Kikoy! Salamat sa pagbasa ng blog ko. Haha i-announce ba naman ang bilog ko na mukha dito??? Thanks thanks! ibig sabihin effective ang diet ko.;D

    Litzie: Sis!! Grabe, super duper saya talaga ako! thanks for your constantly cheering me up and dropping oh so sweet comments. haha super motivating talaga! Congrats din sayo coz you're the first winner of the contest at php digiscrappers. YEY!


    Name:
    Location: Toronto, Canada

    While current technology doesn't provide a way to permanently zap my freckles, I will learn to love them for the meantime.

    Unbelievable as it may seem, we're finally tying the knot on Jan 21, 2007. This is an online journal that documents every tidbits of our wedding preparation as we savour every moment of it.

    W@Wies & N@Wies

    Credits

      Distributed by:
    Template copyright :
    V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
    Powered by :
    Powered by Blogger