• Countdown to Jan 21, 2007: i'm back!

    i'm back!

    Thursday, October 26, 2006
    I'm such a bad blogger. Haven't updated this blog for weeks. I spent most of my free (and working) hours digiscrappin', visiting forums and blogs, downloading kits - all digiscrap related. I consume more than half of the time in a day wanderin' around the digiscrap world and supressing the urge to buy kits using my newly hatched paypal account. The entire routine is starting to brew into an addiction. So much things I wanna do (and learn) yet too little time (and energy). Even my favorite photography was put aside and I don't think I've learned much these days coz I hardly have time to read through tutorials and practice shooting. Honestly, I'm feeling kinda depressed right now coz this addiction is causing so much delays on things that needs to be prioritized. Work, wedding preps, and all. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy every minute spent on this hobby especially when I see drastic improvements in my creations. But I just need time off the computer, or off the internet to be exact, to keep myself on track with my daily to-do list. I think my fellow scrappie sisters share the same sentiments. Having said all these, I feel a lot better. I guess this is just not the right time for me to focus on my hobby. I need to move on. I'm not saying I won't scrap anymore. I just need to get hold of my time and use it wisely. Yeah, time management. I'm just so bad at it. I need to organize my timeline and focus on following it. Easier said than done huh? Self control really plays an important role here. I'd like to list down the things I want to do after I get the important things done so that I'll have a reference to go back to:
    1. Read through Photography tutorials and practice shooting.
    2. Read through Digiscrap and Photoshop tutorials and hone my digiscrap skills.
    3. Learn how to cook!
    4. Learn how to clean the house!
    5. Start watching the DVDs and telenovelas I recopied. It's piling up and I hardly have time to watch TV these days.

    That's it so far. Not too much but nonetheless time consuming. If you notice there are a lot of things I wanted to learn... and none of them relates to my work or career. hehe... Anyhoo, as I've said, those things can wait. For now, I just need to focus on three things - work, the new house, and the wedding. Having said that, here's a summarized list of the things we've accomplished so far:

    1. Bought the fabrics needed for my gown last week. After 2 days, my gown was already ready for fitting. Had my second fitting with Veluz and I love my gown even without the beads! I look so slim with it on! hehe.. does that mean I don't have to follow my diet anymore? hihi... I've gained a lot of weight since my first fitting so the gown was kinda tight. I need to inhale deeply so that Veluz could pull up the zippers. That gave me the motivation to eat less. In case you don't know, I eat like a man! So I really need to cut down on carbs in order to lose the flabs around my waist. And oh, I need to make my face look slimmer so diet is a must. Ok, so much about being fat. I've decided to forego my dream tulle gown and switch the fabric to pina cocoon. Veluz showed me sample train that is made with pina cocoon and I so love it! Elegant and classic. Sosy na sosy ang dating! Luckily, switching fabric didn't incur too much cost on the bill so I decided to go for it. I'm excited to see the embroidered fabric already. :)

    2. Most of the principal sponsor packages have been delivered already. 3 more to go. 2 ninangs and 1 more ninong. The 2 ninangs are still out of Manila so we need to schedule a visit as soon as they come back. Oh by the way, we already bought neckties for the ninongs. Settled for ready made satin ties from Tieline coz they have this buy 1 get the 2nd one for 50% off promo. We opted for maroon ties (instead of fuschia) as that's the closest color we could get off the rack that still matches the motiff.

    3. Had a trial with Peddy Acebo a couple of weeks back since I had a wedding to attend to. My mom was with me that time. It's so nice of Peddy coz he gladly retouched my mom's make-up upon my request. Actually, it wasn't just a retouch coz he practically did the make-up all over again. haha.. My mom love her make-up! As for me, Dex and I love my make-up but I'm not that convinced with the hair. I haven't booked him yet after the trial. I'm still torn between getting him and toto. My friends voted for Toto while my suppliers voted for Peddy. Even Dex voted for Peddy. It's just so damn hard to decide! A little more than 2 months to go and I still haven't booked my HMUA. I'm getting depressed. I'm give myself until this weekend to think it over. First thing next Monday, I'll book my chosen HMUA na. I hope to have a firm decision already by that time. Pictures are posted here. Tell me who's your bet. :)

    4. The renovation of our new house is almost done. Minor retouches nalang. We have already installed the lights (ang cutie!) and our 'home sweet home' is starting to take shape. Next thing we need to do is to buy the furnitures and appliances. My God, another round of challenge and more things to decide on.

    5. Starting to prepare the documents needed for the legal and church requirements. Hay, the list is so long! I don't even know where to start.

    6. Haven't booked a sound system supplier yet. Will probably book Senstivity.

    7. Have already submitted the design and names to my brother for the invites and souveneirs. Hehe.. my bro said time is running short and we need action asap.

    8. Most of our female entourage had their fitting already except for two. I hope to drag them to Zandra's place soon so that we don't have to rush for the fittings. Guys side, we have booked Alden Chua to do their suits (yeah finally decided to go with suits). Most of the guys have already had their fitting including Dex's dad. We will just need to buy baby pink neckties for the grown ups. Alden will take care of the kiddie neckties. Whew!

    What else? No emcee, no program yet. :(

    I can't believe how fast time flies. We've been busy with lotsa stuff - House preps, wedding preps, church and choir activities... and still lotsa backlogs. All I want for now is a loooooooong sleep and a relaxing massage. Man, I'm getting nuts! I'll share more of my digiscrap and photo creations next time. Gotta hit the bed coz tomorrow's gonna be another long and tiring day.

    P.S. I've switched to Blogger Beta. So far everything's workin' fine. I'll just explore the new features next time.

    Labels: , , ,

    posted by frecklesspeckles at 12:30 AM | Permalink |

    [ back home ]

    Comments for i'm back!
    hi wanda! just went thru ur pix, i prefer toto's work. though d naman part sa choices pero i like how effie go did ur hair :)

    nakagulo ba lalo? hehehe...

    che

    hi wanda...

    grabe, malapit na weddings natin noh? only 3 months away! ako rin, sobrang nagprocrastinate! inuuna ko pa yung digiscrap sa wedding tasks! hehehe ang dami pang kailangan gawin, minsan nalulula na ako! :) goodluck sa preps! :)

    i think i'm voting for toto, hair and make up yun ha. you looked naturally prettier sa work nya. di naHide yung ganda mo sis!

    lapit na! kakaexcite! can't wait for the pics. how's the guest sheets going btw? dapat yun na lang iScrap mo!

    ako rin eh lately lang ako ganado ulit magBlog pero sa blog ko tungkol pap rin sa scrapping! lol.

    take care sis and stay happy kahit hectic scheds mo, ganyan lang talaga! just enjoy every moment kasi isang beses lang yan mangyayare... importante eh blooming ka sa wedding mo.

    hi Wanda! Same with me. Hindi ko na din maintindihan kung ano unahin. Gusto ko nga magkaroon ng maraming kamay para magawa ko ng sabay sabay (office, wedding preps, blog, etc.) Lalo na palapit na ng palapit. 50 days to go! nyak...

    Anyways, I go for makeup with Toto while hair naman kay Peddy. Gusto ko ung hair mo dun. Really love it. Gusto ko parang ganyan din ung up do hair do ko!

    Uy, thanks sis sa tags ha... email ko sayo ung gawa ko but i dont seem to like it. hindi ako marunong magdigiscrap e. Hay! Super thanks sis! mwah

    hi wanda! so nice to see an update in your post :) ako din kailangan na mag diet! pasikip na din ng pasikip everytime i go for a fitting ugghh..nako may xmas pa naman bago wedding natin...magkukulong na lang ako sa room pag noche buena! haha!
    so who did you eventually decide on getting for hmua? :)
    tc!!

    Hi Wanda! I like Toto, Effie and Peddy. Pero my vote is with Toto :)
    Yun jay Effie medjo litt nga yun eyes mo dun. Yung kay Peddy, ok yun make up pero yun hair...so, so lang :)
    Good luck sa wedding preps. lapit na!


    Name:
    Location: Toronto, Canada

    While current technology doesn't provide a way to permanently zap my freckles, I will learn to love them for the meantime.

    Unbelievable as it may seem, we're finally tying the knot on Jan 21, 2007. This is an online journal that documents every tidbits of our wedding preparation as we savour every moment of it.

    W@Wies & N@Wies

    Credits

      Distributed by:
    Template copyright :
    V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
    Powered by :
    Powered by Blogger