• Countdown to Jan 21, 2007: Touch Down Toronto

    Touch Down Toronto

    Saturday, February 23, 2008
    We have finally arrived our final destination on Feb. 17 - Ontario. Took Air Canada from NJ to Toronto. Despite the super duper small plane, the flight took only less than an hour. We went through immigration and customs in a breeze! Should have just slept earlier the night before the flight instead of wasting time doing the checklist of things we brought with us (it's a requirement for first time immigrants). Well, I'm not complaining though. I guess we just look harmless that's why the officers weren't strict. hehehe... When we went out of the arrival gate, our very dear friend Carol embraced us with a big warm welcome hug. Hay, we're finally in Canada!

    So how are we doing? It's been 5 days since we arrived. We're adjusting well but there are a lot of things that needs to be done. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that we could settle down in a month or so. The weather here is cold - freezing cold (mostly between -1°C to -9°C). But it's not as bad as we initially imagined. I guess our body have already adjusted to the weather when we were in NJ. I hate the chilling wind though.... it cuts through my skin like sharp knife! Grrr.. I love it when it snows.... but I hate the slippery floor covered with ice when it rains. Walking on the streets really is a big challenge. Food here is great. We've been eating korean food the first few days since the place we're staying now is near the korean community. We just need a little bit time to get used to the prices here. Everything here is soooo expensive (even compared to the US). We really need to psyche ourselves to stop converting everything into peso because it's simply incomparable. Otherwise, we will starve ourselves to death! *LOL* Well, I guess the thinking will change once we start to earn. Anyways, I know a lot of people are kinda concerned with our whereabouts. Well, here I am blogging to let you know we're doing fine - alive and kicking as we face the adventures this path is leading us to. :)

    Ginaw!
    It's snow all around...
    Feeling the snow

    I have a lot of photos to share and stories to tell. And oh, the assignments that are overdue... Will do them one step at a time. :)

    Labels: ,

    posted by frecklesspeckles at 1:39 AM | Permalink |

    [ back home ]

    Comments for Touch Down Toronto
    Wow, nice to hear that you two are doing great! We will just wait sa madaming kwento at photos. ;)

    nice to see you around. hoping for more updates.

    my sister is coming there to study na, sa university of toronto sya mag-aaral, ontario din ata yun.

    good luck and stay happy and safe sa inyo ni Dex ha. God bless sis!

    It is so nice to hear from you! Naku, sana di nawala yung Tracy Joy bag niyo ni Aggie sa mail.

    I hope you get settled soon!


    Name:
    Location: Toronto, Canada

    While current technology doesn't provide a way to permanently zap my freckles, I will learn to love them for the meantime.

    Unbelievable as it may seem, we're finally tying the knot on Jan 21, 2007. This is an online journal that documents every tidbits of our wedding preparation as we savour every moment of it.

    W@Wies & N@Wies

    Credits

      Distributed by:
    Template copyright :
    V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
    Powered by :
    Powered by Blogger