• Countdown to Jan 21, 2007: DIY Digiscrap Poster Boards

    DIY Digiscrap Poster Boards

    Monday, January 07, 2008
    Went to Fuji a few days ago to have a stack of photos printed. Among this includes 2 12x12 digiscrap LOs that are to be framed later on. When we went inside the shop, I was amazed by the poster boards mounted on the wall. I asked the one assisting us how much they charge if I will have my photos made like that. He said, they don't provide such services and advised us to just buy the boards at National Bookstore. So we did and we're super happy with the outcome!!

    First, have your photos/layouts printed on silk paper. I had mine printed in full size which is 12x12 inches.
    Digiscrap Posters

    Second, buy multi-purpose foam board with one side adhesive. We got it at National Bookstore in 32x40 dimension for 300+ pesos. Base on calculation, this can accommodate 6 12x12 LOs and a couple of extra for 4R and 5R photos.
    Digiscrap Posters

    Cut out the foam according to the size of your photo/layout leaving a couple of white spaces on the borders for further trimming. Peel the film and put the photo/layout on the adhesive side. Make sure you do it accurately to avoid creases and bubbles. Use a sharp blade and trim the sides of the foam.
    Digiscrap Posters

    Viola!!! These poster boards are ready for mounting on the wall using double sided tapes. No need to spend big bucks on expensive framings. And these poster boards look professionally finished since the photos were printed on silk/matt paper.
    Digiscrap Posters

    I'm super tempted to print and mount my favorite LOs and photos.... I'm thinking of a wall of collage. But I guess it can only be done after we move to Canada.

    Labels:

    posted by frecklesspeckles at 11:34 PM | Permalink |

    [ back home ]

    Comments for DIY Digiscrap Poster Boards

    Name:
    Location: Toronto, Canada

    While current technology doesn't provide a way to permanently zap my freckles, I will learn to love them for the meantime.

    Unbelievable as it may seem, we're finally tying the knot on Jan 21, 2007. This is an online journal that documents every tidbits of our wedding preparation as we savour every moment of it.

    W@Wies & N@Wies

    Credits

      Distributed by:
    Template copyright :
    V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
    Powered by :
    Powered by Blogger